Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight attendant threatened to ‘spank’ me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight attendant threatened to ‘spank’ me

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
While I completely agree this was nothing more than harmless flirtation and people are way too sensitive there is a point about the shoe on the other foot though. Seriously...if a male flight attendant said this to a female passenger the ramifications are possibly much worse of an outcome. Yes that is wrong in itself but that's they way society is today with this over the top PC crap.
DeepUnderground likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: none
My apologies to the Original Poster in my earlier response. I didn't realize he was new, probably hadn't experienced this before, and felt the incident was worthy of posting in FT.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by mauve
Yup. I'd say 95% chance the FA is just being friendly, 5% chance she's hitting on you.

I'd much rather encounter this than grumpiness or authoritarianism.
Absolutely ! The FA obviously lives for interpersonal interaction, which includes this type of bantering. She/he realizes that its better than living live through a smartphone, blogs and gaming gear. Need more like them and the woman who interfered should spend time learning from it.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Was this after takeoff? AA pilots seem to forget to turn the sign off or wait nearly an hour inflight. I’ve gotten up for the lav before when there were no bumps and never threatened with a spanking. Air travel seems to bring out the weirdo factor.
Try flying Air China. Their pilots leave the seatbelt sign on the entire flight.

Last edited by Austin787; Sep 5, 2018 at 9:36 am
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Sad.
Nowadays people prefer not to be bothered and be stuck in their own smartphone world.
Any type of social interaction can be classified as "awkward".

I met one of my best friends while standing in-line for school registration when we started just chatting up. That would have been awkward now, "why is he talking to me!?"

Count me in the group that would love to have that FA in my flight any day.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by whimike
Yawn....

If it is as told, the only nut job in the story is the 20-somthing woman.
Agreed. A snowflake for sure.
george 3 and DeepUnderground like this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:41 am

That sounds hilarious, and would have made me laugh if I had been on that flight to see it.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:58 am
Suspended

Niiiiiiiiiicccceee. Was she an attractive 50?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Well that was interesting. My question is, what would should have done if you responded back playfully about spanking her? Sadly I get the feeling she wouldn't have appreciated it, but hey who knows.

Definitely not something wise to say to someone, but to me it's not a big deal. Sounds like you had a feminazi in front of you, lucky you.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Next time just reply with "Promise?"
LadyShiva likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
People look for anything to get enraged about these days. In the south its common for some women to call you "hun" or "darlin'." Heck, some with a sense of humor and playfulness might even call you darlin' and say they'd spank you. Having a playful or friendly FA sure beats a disgruntled old ham-beast any day.
cruisr likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Originally Posted by GinFizz
Bizarre. Had the captain already made any announcements - or been mentioned by name by the co-pilot or cabin service director (or whatever they are called on AA) in an announcement?

If not I'd have asked the woman in front why she assumed the captain was a man and not a woman!
Really! Then you could have gotten a spanking from a female pilot and an FA. hot!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: CK or bust
It must have been in jest as the spanking paddles equipped on the new 737 MAX are extremely flimsy, featuring slimline flat surfaces with almost no rubber and short, stubby handles that make it uncomfortable to hold for longer periods.

To address the original grievance, this might just fall into one of those "other" categories in iSolve seeing as there is no icon for a paddle

Life is short so let's enjoy flying before hover cars, holograms, or teleportation arrive and take away the raison d'etre of this productivity-consuming online forum.
User Name likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Hey OP...I'm envious! When I was younger (and presumably cuter) female FAs (and others) would threaten me like that. Dang it, now I just get yelled at or ignored.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Silver
I thought the title was click bait, but after reading the thread I wasn't disappointed.

​​​​​​Just imagined being in the OPs position, I would've been incredibly uncomfortable; wouldn't have done or said anything either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.