Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAA and LUS Flight Attendants’ Consolidation October 1 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAA and LUS Flight Attendants’ Consolidation October 1 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
The question is will one side lose something they like, for example ease of trading trips. Most of the FA seemed happy as it will open the opportunity to work new routes and nicer LAA a/c (772, 777, 788, 789). In addition, there will be opportunity to transfer to other bases. A few months back I met a CLT based FA living in MIA very happy at the prospect of eventually transferring to MIA and no need for commuting. About a month back I met a MIA based flight attendant living in TN looking forward to being able to transfer to CLT (and therefore a much easier commute.)
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by TPJ
Hopefully not - PDB was consistently offered after the UA/HP merger - by both ex-USAir and ex-America West F/A's.
the pdb situation is crazy. 100% of the time I get them from the Usair folks. Zero percent of the time I get them from aa folks. No exceptions. This is clearly not a coincidence and I can imagine us and aa fa’s fighting in the galley over whether to give them or not.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Thanks. I just booked my Oct 1 trip on DL F. Should go smoothly.
silverthief2 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by 11yaa
Either this will go smoothly and no one will notice or there will be fisticuffs and increased airside law enforcement activity.
I suggest that anyone flying that day memorize the lyrics and break out in song, as necessary.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Hopefully nothing! But FAs that I've talked to expect at least a little disruption.

https://mailchi.mp/apfa/a-message-of...ase-presidents
"A few weeks have passed since the Company presented their new attendance/performance policy with a planned implementation date of October 1, 2018. That same day, they will finally achieve what they have been trying to accomplish since 2015; Full Operational Integration (FOI)...Fast forward to October 1st. The Company will be implementing the full JCBA language on the LUS side which includes TTS/UBL, ETB, ROTA, ROTA-D, JCBA PBS, and Rotating Reserve. On top of all of these changes, we will be navigating through a new attendance policy. Our membership has enough stress and anxiety over the changes coming with FOI and the frustration of dealing with the Company’s IT failures."
So, the issue is IT related? Likely affecting scheduling? Honestly, I can't see how the bidding process will change much. Don't most FAs reside close to their domicile or in the alternative, are accustomed to commuting to their domicile? I would be surprised to see much integration immediately, but I could certainly be wrong.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I assume this will allow for more flexibility in a/c use. So you won’t really know whether to expect for example a LAA or LUS A319.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:41 pm

Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
I had a fantastic PMAA FA who not only did PDB but also provided excellent overall service on DCA-MIA. I told her I wanted to get her name so I could leave a compliment and she told me it was her last week at AA, leaving for a better job...
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:45 am

Lots of people like to hate on CLT but you're gonna get PDB with the US CLT crews. ^
kokonutz, plon, wetrat0 and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Or the LAA FAs "train" the LUS FAs not to do PDBs.
The LUS FAs successfully trained the LAA FAs to do credit card pitches, so hopefully the LUS FAs can use the same techniques to motivate LAA FAs to do PDBs consistently. However, the cynic in me says we will get the worst of LUS and LAA - inconsistent PDBs and consistent credit card pitches.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by BarrenLucidity
Lots of people like to hate on CLT but you're gonna get PDB with the US CLT crews. ^
And PHL, too.
kokonutz likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by Austin787
The LUS FAs successfully trained the LAA FAs to do credit card pitches, so hopefully the LUS FAs can use the same techniques to motivate LAA FAs to do PDBs consistently. However, the cynic in me says we will get the worst of LUS and LAA - inconsistent PDBs and consistent credit card pitches.
There is no spiff given for PDBs. Money talks.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
I did get tweetbacks with the same old ‘we’ll make sure proper channels are informed malarkey.

I was feeling cheeky so asked the FA on the Mia-dca flight why he didn’t do PDAs. He hemmed and hawed about how they are only done ‘if time permits’ and oh my goodness what a harried boarding it was (it was not).

But apparently thats the technicality they refer to when called out.

Later in the flight he asked me what I did for a living. Still feeling cheeky I said ‘I do quality control consulting for large companies.’ He just kind of stared at me and handed me my refill.
AAway likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:42 pm

Having sat at a hotel bar this evening where there are 2 downroute LAA crews on a layover, all I can say is that they are not looking forward to having both crews merged. Quietly reading my book enjoying my beer, there was no mistaking their comments.

In fact, how they openly discussed their colleagues and with such language, it was beggars belief.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Having sat at a hotel bar this evening where there are 2 downroute LAA crews on a layover, all I can say is that they are not looking forward to having both crews merged. Quietly reading my book enjoying my beer, there was no mistaking their comments.

In fact, how they openly discussed their colleagues and with such language, it was beggars belief.
The irony of all this..... 🤦🏻.♂️

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.