FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   LAA and LUS Flight Attendants’ Consolidation October 1 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1928828-laa-lus-flight-attendants-consolidation-october-1-2018-a.html)

chrisny2 Sep 3, 2018 8:57 pm

LAA and LUS Flight Attendants’ Consolidation October 1 2018

I understand that LAA and LUS FAs are merging flight schedules on October 1, AND LUA and LCO FAs are also merging together that same day. Just wanted to pass along the notice - might be a good day to avoid traveling on those carriers!

bchandler02 Sep 3, 2018 11:27 pm

Good point. I've had a trip booked for Oct 3rd for the entire year, as soon as I saw this thread title it hit me.

Here's to hoping they all learn how to play nice with their peers.

Jerseyguy Sep 4, 2018 2:56 am

I have a PHL-CLT-MSY routing on the 2nd. Crossing my fingers.:D

3Cforme Sep 4, 2018 6:10 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2 (Post 30163943)
I understand that LAA and LUS FAs are merging flight schedules on October 1, AND LUA and LCO FAs are also merging together that same day. Just wanted to pass along the notice - might be a good day to avoid traveling on those carriers!

Why? Flight bidding routines mean that FAs work with different FAs every month, if not every week.

deeruck Sep 4, 2018 6:11 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2 (Post 30163943)
Just wanted to pass along the notice - might be a good day to avoid traveling on those carriers!

How will this impact travelers? Do you expect it to cause flight delays?

IggySD Sep 4, 2018 6:28 am

It should dramatically increase the odds of getting a PDB.

AANYC1981 Sep 4, 2018 7:03 am

Or for LUS flyers prepare for more of the water/OJ tray only and when you ask for something else....”we’ll get you whatever you want in the air”.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Sep 4, 2018 7:23 am

Or the LAA FAs "train" the LUS FAs not to do PDBs.

TPJ Sep 4, 2018 8:21 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 30165297)
Or the LAA FAs "train" the LUS FAs not to do PDBs.

Hopefully not - PDB was consistently offered after the UA/HP merger - by both ex-USAir and ex-America West F/A's.

enviroian Sep 4, 2018 9:15 am

Merging...Now??

What year exactly did this merger begin?

:eek:

chrisny2 Sep 4, 2018 10:19 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 30165038)
Why? Flight bidding routines mean that FAs work with different FAs every month, if not every week.

Ha - not because they might not get along (although who knows.) But I'll be surprised if the computer systems integrate flawlessly. (Hopefully they will!) (BTW, United and Continental FAs are ALSO merging on October 1st.)

11yaa Sep 4, 2018 10:43 am

Either this will go smoothly and no one will notice or there will be fisticuffs and increased airside law enforcement activity.

skylady Sep 4, 2018 12:50 pm

Nov 1st

superweak Sep 4, 2018 1:35 pm

If the date is this close, they've presumably already done the flight bids and everyone knows their schedules, so what bad things exactly do we expect to happen ... ? It's not like a reservation system cutover when the IT may or may not work on the day.

chrisny2 Sep 4, 2018 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by superweak (Post 30166949)
If the date is this close, they've presumably already done the flight bids and everyone knows their schedules, so what bad things exactly do we expect to happen ... ? It's not like a reservation system cutover when the IT may or may not work on the day.

Hopefully nothing! But FAs that I've talked to expect at least a little disruption.

https://mailchi.mp/apfa/a-message-of...ase-presidents
"A few weeks have passed since the Company presented their new attendance/performance policy with a planned implementation date of October 1, 2018. That same day, they will finally achieve what they have been trying to accomplish since 2015; Full Operational Integration (FOI)...Fast forward to October 1st. The Company will be implementing the full JCBA language on the LUS side which includes TTS/UBL, ETB, ROTA, ROTA-D, JCBA PBS, and Rotating Reserve. On top of all of these changes, we will be navigating through a new attendance policy. Our membership has enough stress and anxiety over the changes coming with FOI and the frustration of dealing with the Company’s IT failures."