Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAA and LUS Flight Attendants’ Consolidation October 1 2018

Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:57 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National

I understand that LAA and LUS FAs are merging flight schedules on October 1, AND LUA and LCO FAs are also merging together that same day. Just wanted to pass along the notice - might be a good day to avoid traveling on those carriers!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Good point. I've had a trip booked for Oct 3rd for the entire year, as soon as I saw this thread title it hit me.

Here's to hoping they all learn how to play nice with their peers.
chrisny2 and silverthief2 like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
I have a PHL-CLT-MSY routing on the 2nd. Crossing my fingers.

Last edited by Jerseyguy; Sep 4, 2018 at 3:10 am
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I understand that LAA and LUS FAs are merging flight schedules on October 1, AND LUA and LCO FAs are also merging together that same day. Just wanted to pass along the notice - might be a good day to avoid traveling on those carriers!
Why? Flight bidding routines mean that FAs work with different FAs every month, if not every week.
superweak likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Just wanted to pass along the notice - might be a good day to avoid traveling on those carriers!
How will this impact travelers? Do you expect it to cause flight delays?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: Lots
It should dramatically increase the odds of getting a PDB.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Or for LUS flyers prepare for more of the water/OJ tray only and when you ask for something else....”we’ll get you whatever you want in the air”.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Or the LAA FAs "train" the LUS FAs not to do PDBs.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:21 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Or the LAA FAs "train" the LUS FAs not to do PDBs.
Hopefully not - PDB was consistently offered after the UA/HP merger - by both ex-USAir and ex-America West F/A's.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Merging...Now??

What year exactly did this merger begin?

Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:19 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Why? Flight bidding routines mean that FAs work with different FAs every month, if not every week.
Ha - not because they might not get along (although who knows.) But I'll be surprised if the computer systems integrate flawlessly. (Hopefully they will!) (BTW, United and Continental FAs are ALSO merging on October 1st.)
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: UA *G
Either this will go smoothly and no one will notice or there will be fisticuffs and increased airside law enforcement activity.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:50 pm

Nov 1st
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
If the date is this close, they've presumably already done the flight bids and everyone knows their schedules, so what bad things exactly do we expect to happen ... ? It's not like a reservation system cutover when the IT may or may not work on the day.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:39 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by superweak
If the date is this close, they've presumably already done the flight bids and everyone knows their schedules, so what bad things exactly do we expect to happen ... ? It's not like a reservation system cutover when the IT may or may not work on the day.
Hopefully nothing! But FAs that I've talked to expect at least a little disruption.

https://mailchi.mp/apfa/a-message-of...ase-presidents
"A few weeks have passed since the Company presented their new attendance/performance policy with a planned implementation date of October 1, 2018. That same day, they will finally achieve what they have been trying to accomplish since 2015; Full Operational Integration (FOI)...Fast forward to October 1st. The Company will be implementing the full JCBA language on the LUS side which includes TTS/UBL, ETB, ROTA, ROTA-D, JCBA PBS, and Rotating Reserve. On top of all of these changes, we will be navigating through a new attendance policy. Our membership has enough stress and anxiety over the changes coming with FOI and the frustration of dealing with the Company’s IT failures."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.