Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How to associate AA number to CX award flight on AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

I have some miles in CX program that expires next year and I would like to book an award flight on AA. Is there a way (similar to those BA awards) to add or associate my AA frequent flyer number for CX award flight on AA? Thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
To what end? Earns nothing.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
It depends on the relative status of the two programs. I can book domestic QF flights much more "cheaply" with AA. My QF status allows a much better seat selection and (optimistically) priority boarding. It works the same with CX.

Happy wandering
Fred

PS Call AA reservations after the flight is booked and confirmed.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
To what end? Earns nothing.
Status perks.

Though some (like lounge access) do not require the account to be linked to the booking, others (like priority security) do.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deltame
I have some miles in CX program that expires next year and I would like to book an award flight on AA. Is there a way (similar to those BA awards) to add or associate my AA frequent flyer number for CX award flight on AA?
There are many threads on swapping ffn's to cherry pick benefits
AA thread ---> Change FFN / frequent flyer number on AA booking? (master thread)
From the wiki
"You cannot accrue partner airline miles with your partner frequent flyer number if you have already used your AAdvantage number to obtain AAdvantage program benefits such as First or Business Class upgrades, baggage fee waivers or complimentary access to Preferred/Main Cabin Extra seats. Additionally, you cannot redeem partner airline miles with your partner frequent flyer number and obtain AAdvantage program benefits such as priority boarding and access to preferred seats."
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Well, it turns out Asia Mile issued my award ticket where passenger FF fields were left blank. So it was simple to just add my AA info for travel benefits. I don't know if its a one-off incident or not, so YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.