Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SDC and Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
SDC and Upgrades

If I SDC, do I go on the upgrade list for the new flight? I realize that most of the time they'd have gone all the way down the list by then, but would I go on in case they're still holding back a seat or two, or if someone in F moves off the flight?

Is there a way to see if there are potential upgrade seats? Expert Flyer?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by redtop43
If I SDC, do I go on the upgrade list for the new flight? I realize that most of the time they'd have gone all the way down the list by then, but would I go on in case they're still holding back a seat or two, or if someone in F moves off the flight?
As a Gold upgrades are going to be difficult. You can do SDC 24 hours in advance of your flight, If there are upgrades available at the time you do the SDC, you should be able to see them on EF. However, in many cases, people have to wait until they get to the airport, as not all upgrades are released very far in advance. SDC doesn't disqualify you from the upgrade list
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
And to answer the question, yes, as soon as you change to a new flight you can get on the upgrade list.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire
As for if you can see potential upgrade seats, at 24 hrs out I'd look at Expertflyer and see how many J seats are for sale.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by redtop43

Yes, you'll be on the upgrade list and yes, ExpertFlyer would be your best bet to check for potential upgrades.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Thanks. Since both free SDC and upgrades are benefits of Plat Pro, I'm evaluating whether it's worth going for Plat Pro. I mostly fly PHL-LAS which is an elite-lite route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.