Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight search result differences, AA mobile vs desktop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

The other day I was casing out itineraries for a trip next summer and saw quite a few decent ones. I performed the search again tonight on my iPad and half the flights I had seen the other day were missing. The same happened when using the AA app. I am talking eight versus eighteen one-stop itineraries! (I miss the olden days when we had a DFW-ZRH nonstop.) Has anyone else ever noticed this?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I dont have an ipad... sorry
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Don't compare availability over big time intervals. If you can repeat it over multiple routes minute to minute you might have discovered something.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Don't compare availability over big time intervals. If you can repeat it over multiple routes minute to minute you might have discovered something.
I ran right over to my desktop and searched again to make sure I wasn't crazy. That's how I got the counts. The searches were a minute apart. And then I did it again on both.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Ive noticed this but with Delta......I get much better options and even lower mileage awards from their App than the usual website.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:39 am
Original Poster

And of course, I am leaving the country for two weeks today and will have only my iPad....wanted to book with MCE before 9/5 when gold elites lose the half price deal. I hope one of the hotels or our barge has a laptop or desktop for guests!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:25 am

Don't use the iPriced stuff, but on Android, Firefox has a setting that tells it to ask for the desktop page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.