Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Last Row Experience

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Ask for compensation for the stink
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by kahdgar
Honestly, I haven't either - but I've been in the unenviable position of very quickly needing to in NY Penn concourse, so I can understand the emergencies..
I'll do you one worse... Port Authority Bus Terminal. When you gotta go, you gotta go
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Letters of Note: Seat 29E
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
who poops on a 2:45 hour flight ?
the stinkiest ones!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
They're all doing this....

Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:35 am
Suspended

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by wrp96
Then this whole thing reeks of hacky plagiarism.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I use to habitually ride in the back of the plane. -- it was always much more likely to be emptier than the mid-back where I would be otherwise. I would say it was somewhat rare to get a seatmate in the last row or two. And yes, your story is exactly true -- much louder from the engines and lots of bathroom traffic. I am still always surprised at how different and quiet the engines sound up front. The other two problems of course are that it feels like it takes forever to get off the plane (though, this is more mental than anything), and it takes quite a while to get served anything. Still, if I wasn't in MCE and didn't have a tight connection, I would probably tend towards selecting seats in the very back.

edit: And to be clear, I never really smelled all that much back there from the lavs, or maybe because I teach/research wastewater treatment, I am quite at ease with it.

Last edited by MarkOK; Aug 30, 2018 at 7:41 am
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by robofski
650 flights, 200 of them TATL and I've never poop'd on a plane :-)
I've never done it, but if I did, it would be in the J or F cabins on NH or JL. Or I suppose on Emirates where you can hop in the shower afterwards.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
It is true that the passenger experience is just going down the toilet.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Then this whole thing reeks of hacky plagiarism.
I shared MY experience, the good and the bad. I had never seen the 29E letter before this post, which focused only on the bad, and also much funnier than my post.

I certainly did not find and then ripoff someone else's experience from almost 14 years ago. That would be lame and a waste of everyones time.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:03 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM/LT GLD, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by kahdgar
Honestly, I haven't either - but I've been in the unenviable position of very quickly needing to in NY Penn concourse, so I can understand the emergencies.

Though what really gets me is after push-back and taxi, takeoff, immediately 5-6 people get up to use the restroom. I know bladder issues and all, but seriously we were in the terminal 20 minutes ago...
If you board with priority boarding, have a normal 30 minute board time, 15 minute taxi, and 15 minute to the seat belt sign goes off (generous on AA - its usually more), that's an hour. And that's assuming that you went to the restroom immediately before boarding.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by AmericanLawyer
If you board with priority boarding, have a normal 30 minute board time, 15 minute taxi, and 15 minute to the seat belt sign goes off (generous on AA - its usually more), that's an hour. And that's assuming that you went to the restroom immediately before boarding.
Plus, it's a two or three drink minimum before getting on the plane in the rows behind the exits...
MarkOK likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Also, people waiting in the corridor to use the facility are often the source of detectable emissions.
Ah, yes, "crop dusting the south 40."
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:13 pm

flight attendants are notorious crop dusters, up and down the length of the whole plane. I dated a woman who became an FA and she said they used to joke about it among themselves after they did it. So not limited to the back of the bus.
Too bad they don't offer poo-pouri. Yes, it's a real product.see video.

Last edited by LovePrunes; Aug 30, 2018 at 1:27 pm
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
flight attendants are notorious crop dusters, up and down the length of the whole plane. I dated a woman who became an FA and she said they used to joke about it among themselves after they did it. So not limited to the back of the bus.
Too bad they don't offer poo-pouri. Yes, it's a real product.see video. poo-pouri. Yes, it's a real thing,
A post in this thread from LovePrunes...really?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.