Automatic seat block for lap child?

Old Sep 14, 18, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by C46 View Post
Back in the LAA/SABRE-days, whenever a flight was not full and a pax had the INF-edit code; the system automatically set an "I"-block for the adjacent seat, in the seat map.

Not sure, if this is still the case nowadays...
ok, played around a little bit. A few weeks ago, I had added my daughter as a lap infant for two itineraries, and noticed that the middle seat was still available to select after I had done that. Then it dawned on me this morning to try changing seats to see if the auto-block would take effect then, and low and behold, it did!
Old Sep 14, 18, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by bunmango View Post
ok, played around a little bit. A few weeks ago, I had added my daughter as a lap infant for two itineraries, and noticed that the middle seat was still available to select after I had done that. Then it dawned on me this morning to try changing seats to see if the auto-block would take effect then, and low and behold, it did!
What happens if you forget to bring the infant?
Old Sep 14, 18, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS MVP, VA
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
What happens if you forget to bring the infant?
Almost certainly nothing, and if people start using that to take advantage of this customer-friendly, undocumented policy, that will be one of the bigger failings of FlyerTalk. (It hadn't occurred to me that one could take advantage of this until your comment.)
dickinson likes this.
Old Sep 14, 18, 11:28 pm
C46

Actually, it would not change much.
If I would have had the feeling, that somebody tried to play the system, back in my days; I would have looked for the most obese, smelly pax, take out that I-block and put that passenger in the adjacent seat, next to Mr./Mrs. Smartypants!