Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Back to Back Itin - Irregular Operations Protection?

Back to Back Itin - Irregular Operations Protection?

Old Dec 19, 18, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
When I've asked DL this question, as a top tier elite, I've been reassured that I would be taken care of. I've used this once or twice. YMMV.
DL even took care of rebooking me at no charge when I missed a KL flight booked with DL due to a 3-hour WN delay... I think that the "flat tire rule" is still alive and well with most carriers, as long as you don't make a habit of missing flights.
Old Dec 20, 18, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA CK (3MM), Marriott LTT and Ambassador, Uber Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS View Post
Why didn't you just cancel the second ticket outright and rebook the return on the first ticket for the return flight on your second ticket? That would have left the second ticket fully intact to be used on a future itinerary. Then, ask for a $200 voucher to cover your IRROPS issues (assuming they weren't both weather-related).
Because the second ticket was non-refundable and I didn't want to pay the $200 change fee. And the cancellations were weather related (legitimately), so I wouldn't imagine they would give me a voucher to cover the $200.
Old Dec 21, 18, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jpschoubert View Post
True - Back up would have been to cry and pray they stick me on the CLT-CDG nonstop leaving later. For the sake of the story - this worked just fine, and got to enjoy the Ryder Cup in Paris!
Thank you all
I book separate tickets like this all the time as you can save tons of $$. Just last year was flying RDU-JFK then JFK-LHR on separate tix with about 2 hrs connecting time. RDU-JFK starts getting delayed, ask at the AC and it was zero problem getting rebooked onto the nonstop RDU-LHR.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: