Wiki Posts
Search

Do AA block seats for OW Sapphire ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Do AA block seats for OW Sapphire ?

Apologies for being a bit thick here but I don’t often travel long haul on AA.
I am a BA Silver which is OWS travelling with my husband (also OWS). We have reserved MCE seats on a 772 JFK-LHR - I decided on row 26 A/B. A short time after 26C was occupied even though the opposite side was free. Expert flyer was showing the seat as taken rather than blocked so I moved us to 26 K/L and yes a week or so later the same thing happened.
My question is - does AA block seats next to OWS or am I just unlucky.
I am really hoping that it might be blocked, any confirmation of that possibility depending on loads would be greatly appreciated - thank you.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I am a BA Silver which is OWS travelling with my husband (also OWS). We have reserved MCE seats on a 772 JFK-LHR - I decided on row 26 A/B. A short time after 26C was occupied even though the opposite side was free. Expert flyer was showing the seat as taken rather than blocked so I moved us to 26 K/L and yes a week or so later the same thing happened.
I am really hoping that it might be blocked, any confirmation of that possibility depending on loads would be greatly appreciated - thank you.
They do not block seats for OWS. To prove this, leave the middle seat open. It will not fill as fast.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
If you are reading the aa.com seat map that is not always accurate. In general AA does not block seats and the seat map wouldn't differentiate between and a blocked or occupied seat. The seat simply shows as unavailable for taking. Keep checking the website. Seat assignments change around before flight.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
No seat blocking that I'm aware of anymore for elites. On the 772, 26 C/J are the exit row aisles and hence very popular with elites and anyone else who decides to pay for premium seats. Unless the flight is just completely empty there's little chance they stay empty.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Thanks for the quick answers - as I suspected.
Not a problem in the greater scheme of things, at least the drinks are free now !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.