Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

767-300 / 763 [opinions and general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

767-300 / 763 [opinions and general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Well, no J seat is really easy to sleep in. As the seat reclines, the upper body part of the seat is several inches below the top of the armrests, meaning that you are essentially enveloped by the sides of the seat. Unless you're a very small person, you'd have to sleep on your side. I've only actually taken one long-haul in J where I was actually trying to sleep, which was a JFK-LHR redeye on DL about 7 years ago. My recent trips on A332's and B763's have all been between PHL and LAS or LAX, usually daytime flights where I might want to lay back and semi-nap but not really get sustained sleep.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by redtop43
Well, no J seat is really easy to sleep in. As the seat reclines, the upper body part of the seat is several inches below the top of the armrests, meaning that you are essentially enveloped by the sides of the seat. Unless you're a very small person, you'd have to sleep on your side. I've only actually taken one long-haul in J where I was actually trying to sleep, which was a JFK-LHR redeye on DL about 7 years ago. My recent trips on A332's and B763's have all been between PHL and LAS or LAX, usually daytime flights where I might want to lay back and semi-nap but not really get sustained sleep.
A report on npr.org in 2014 indicated the average US women's waist size (circumference) was 38.7 for women and 39.7 for men
Seats on 763 are up to 21.3 inches wide. I think that enough for people of average size to sleep on their back if they desired.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by srikp
Thank you. I checked the seat layout and chose 6J. Lets hope I am able to sleep through the night. Else I will have to sleep reclined at 60%.
I'd suggest an odd number row if you don't want to feel "boxed in". (For seats A and J. ) Even rows are next to the window and have the table between you and the aisle; when full reclined, it is definitely more private that odd rows, but may also seem more claustrophobic. Just my opinion. YMMV.
srikp likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 9:24 am

Hi all.

I reluctantly booked my Argentinian honeymoon in an AA 767 in J from MIA to COR.

Knowing these planes are known for bad reliability, I decided to track my flight last night on a whim (AA223).

the flight was delayed in 5,10, and 15 minute increments from 10:45pm to 2:00am. Then, after 2:00am, they rescheduled it to 10:45am. It took off at 10:51am, 12+ hours late.

Usually I take my chances and roll with the punches. But given the special nature of this trip, I don’t want this to happen to us.

How can I be proactive about this? My worry is that when the rolling delays start, AA will say “sorry your flight is only 15 minutes late we aren’t going to help you.” And by the time it’s clear, there won’t be any options as it’s too late.

anyone have advice/best practices for rolling delays?Thank you
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by dval44
Hi all.

I reluctantly booked my Argentinian honeymoon in an AA 767 in J from MIA to COR.

Knowing these planes are known for bad reliability, I decided to track my flight last night on a whim (AA223).

the flight was delayed in 5,10, and 15 minute increments from 10:45pm to 2:00am. Then, after 2:00am, they rescheduled it to 10:45am. It took off at 10:51am, 12+ hours late.

Usually I take my chances and roll with the punches. But given the special nature of this trip, I don’t want this to happen to us.

How can I be proactive about this? My worry is that when the rolling delays start, AA will say “sorry your flight is only 15 minutes late we aren’t going to help you.” And by the time it’s clear, there won’t be any options as it’s too late.

anyone have advice/best practices for rolling delays?Thank you
Don't book tight connections, allow a buffer in case you arrive home a day late. Or fly a more reliable airline.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Don't book tight connections, allow a buffer in case you arrive home a day late. Or fly a more reliable airline.
Thank you. I'm all set on two of three of those.

My question is more what should I do the heat of the moment. I.E. last night, when the flight was bumped from 10:45 to 11:45, is there something I could be doing? When it was moved to 1:00am? 2:00am? 10:00am? Or am I simply along for the ride with no real options.

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by dval44
Thank you. I'm all set on two of three of those.

My question is more what should I do the heat of the moment. I.E. last night, when the flight was bumped from 10:45 to 11:45, is there something I could be doing? When it was moved to 1:00am? 2:00am? 10:00am? Or am I simply along for the ride with no real options.

Thanks
There's not much you can do other than request a re-route once the delays start happening. The problem is that on a route like MIA-COR leaving at 10:45pm, there's really no other good options. AA offers the only nonstop, and looking at Google Flights most all of the 1-stop options would depart earlier, so unless a delay was posted early in the afternoon it would be too late to get rebooked on to most of these.

By contrast, if you were flying say JFK-LHR and rolling delays started happening, it would be very easy for an AA agent to rebook you onto one of the numerous later AA or BA flights, or a connection through BOS, PHL, etc.
dval44 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.