Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA route changes announced 21 Aug 2018, inc cutting ORD-PVG

AA route changes announced 21 Aug 2018, inc cutting ORD-PVG

Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by no1cub17
No, but it's not open yet!

But I agree. Are DBV and TXL dangerous airports in some way? Would a standard issue carry-on or normal everyday shoes not survive the long arduous trek from the plane to the bus?
TXL is indeed embarrassing for a capital airport, but the new one will hopefully be good, it's nice to see Germany finally getting some good infrastructure, lol...

I was joking about the grovel roads, I have no idea, but it looks like the vacation will start early, from the tarmac, lol...

The TXL reviews are in, and they are glowing, you have to experience this before it goes away for good. I have seen it and it is indeed all that and a bag of chips, lol:

https://www.airlinequality.com/airpo...irport/page/1/

You should actually read the reviews, most people are traumatized from the experience, lol.....

Last edited by nk15; Jun 7, 2019 at 10:32 pm
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by no1cub17
No, but it's not open yet!

But I agree. Are DBV and TXL dangerous airports in some way? Would a standard issue carry-on or normal everyday shoes not survive the long arduous trek from the plane to the bus?
My post was meant to be a warning to people like my wife that pack their carry-on to the point that they can't lift it and wear impractical shoes because they are sexy. I'm preaching to myself...
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NOIR
Just a heads up from the local media, and the Croatian minister of tourism quoting that AAs flights to Dubrovnik are selling good that's why they have raised the high season schedule from 3 weekly to 4 weekly expecting a daily service soon.

Interesting in the article is says that AA are also negotiating with Zagreb airport regarding future New York services.

https://vijesti.hrt.hr/518679/nakon-...ew-york-zagreb
I will be extremely surprised if AA starts flying to Zagreb. It's not much of a tourist destination (nor should it be). The population is well under a million. It's easy to get there by connecting in London with their BA partner. They do have a nice new airport, though!

But it's weird what works and doesn't work to Europe. Like AA has no flights to Brussels. You'd think that would work. They fly only one place in France. Odd. Why not more service to Spain, like Seville? In Eastern Europe, service to Poland would seem to make sense.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by nk15
TXL is indeed embarrassing for a capital airport, but the new one will hopefully be good, it's nice to see Germany finally getting some good infrastructure, lol...

I was joking about the grovel roads, I have no idea, but it looks like the vacation will start early, from the tarmac, lol...

The TXL reviews are in, and they are glowing, you have to experience this before it goes away for good. I have seen it and it is indeed all that and a bag of chips, lol:

You should actually read the reviews, most people are traumatized from the experience, lol.....
IMHO-Skytrax is a joke. People, for the most part, only post if they are p***** off (somewhat like FT ��). Travel happens!
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nk15

You should actually read the reviews, most people are traumatized from the experience, lol....
the new airport is a true embarrassment. Should have opened years and years ago, but due to a combination of incompetence and more incompetence, here we are.

I actually like TXL - albeit it is grossly over capacity. The original hexagon is a marvelous small airport.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Wow! Those Skytrax posters do not like TXL. I haven't used the airport since West Berlin was an enclave in the middle of the GDR and I flew there from FRA on PanAm. I remember the hexagon structure making for an efficient airport that minimized walking. I gather it's way over capacity these days.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SJOGuy
Wow! Those Skytrax posters do not like TXL. I haven't used the airport since West Berlin was an enclave in the middle of the GDR and I flew there from FRA on PanAm. I remember the hexagon structure making for an efficient airport that minimized walking. I gather it's way over capacity these days.
Right before Air Berlin failed, I flew into TXL. Overcrowded airport, but the convenience is great. I would happily trade a "bad" airport in a good location to a good airport in a bad location.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by iahphx
Right before Air Berlin failed, I flew into TXL. Overcrowded airport, but the convenience is great. I would happily trade a "bad" airport in a good location to a good airport in a bad location.
How is TXL in a "good location"? It lacks public transportation to/from the city (other than a bus) compared to most EU airports where there's at least a train to/from the city.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nov11
How is TXL in a "good location"? It lacks public transportation to/from the city (other than a bus) compared to most EU airports where there's at least a train to/from the city.
What's wrong with an airport bus? The TXL buses are cheap and the travel time is short.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
same experiences but the close in location to the city was nice. Security was a bit overdone and my adult daughter and I got separated in security lanes and she spent over an hour as they sent through every inch of her suitcase. I like the hex design too
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
What's wrong with an airport bus? The TXL buses are cheap and the travel time is short.
It'd cost the same if the S/U-Bahn serves TXL as the airport is still in the A/B zone for Berlin. The X9 bus takes about 25 minutes (plus stops and traffic) from TXL to Zoologishscher Garten station (or a bus plus transfer to U6 if you want to be around Stadmitte). The distance from TXL to the city (~8-10 km) isn't far but the time involved seems long for Europe.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:27 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Exclamation

Hi folks,

Please take another look at the title of this thread. This thread is NOT for route speculation. This thread is NOT to debate quality nor preferences of beaches.

If you notice threads going off-track, please help the volunteer moderator team by reporting posts via the little red triangle icon at the bottom left corner of posts instead of piling on or injecting meta discussion. Thanks very much for your help and understanding!

/Moderator

Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Not sure if this is the right place for this but I’ve gone through 15 pages trying to find an appropriate thread for my question.

Can anyone one tell me if PHX to MSN has been removed or just seasonal? If seasonal when does it start up?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Not sure if this is the right place for this but I’ve gone through 15 pages trying to find an appropriate thread for my question.

Can anyone one tell me if PHX to MSN has been removed or just seasonal? If seasonal when does it start up?
It’s billed as spring/fall/winter seasonal service, so expect to see it return when the fall schedule is published.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Well the ORD-PVG/PEK cuts make complete sense - AA is the trash carrier of China often undercutting HU/MU/CZ/CA and leading fares down from both PoS - I have to imagine they lose upwards of $100M a year in China. They continue to file $300RT all-in fares for their LAX flights and the DFW flights have undesirably early departures and late arrivals in the US for the top O&Ds (or any connection really). I’d love to see them throw in the new 20J 788 - would be sure to lose even more as China has to only make money up front - coach fares are just too low. UA is King with their 48-50 seat cabins - recipe to success in Asia is heavy business class, reasonable sized Premium economy and less regular economy.

Curious what happens now in a challenging political environment where I’m not sure DL or UA are too keen to add capacity or start new routes for at least a year. 3 tier one frequencies now available for US carriers but who really wants them in current environment?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.