Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA route changes announced 21 Aug 2018, inc cutting ORD-PVG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA route changes announced 21 Aug 2018, inc cutting ORD-PVG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Interesting on PHX-LHR. BA has been operating this route for years ( with a AA codeshsare flight no also IIRC) on a virtually daily basis with a 747-400 and for part of the the summer I think it is a 10x weekly service

Regards

TBS
Yep they have but it doesn't meet my company travel policy so I've had to connect out east.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Yep they have but it doesn't meet my company travel policy so I've had to connect out east.
Hi,

Ah!.
Might be tempted to try AA if the timings and prices are fine ( loved J on the 77W) and love PHX and arizona.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:59 am
Suspended

I dont get DBV, I LOVE the place but its not a biz hub and is a leisure locale. Most if not all cruises dont start from there its simply a day stop over on the way back to VCE. So where do they see the $$$ coming from?? And OK (Crotian) is a *A Partner so no real connections onward , which UA would have if it flew the route
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:59 am

Well, with one of the 757s they're moving it to PHL to fly Philadelphia to Edinburgh. The other one, who knows. maybe they'll completely reallocate it from JFK. no word on the slots yet.

Originally Posted by skvanburen
Any ideas about what AA will do with the 3 JFK slots and the 2 757’s with lie-flat J seats it’s gaining by dropping the Dublin and Edinburgh flights? Any hope to see the 757s flying to SEA or SAN from JFK?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by craz
I dont get DBV, I LOVE the place but its not a biz hub and is a leisure locale. Most if not all cruises dont start from there its simply a day stop over on the way back to VCE. So where do they see the $$$ coming from?? And OK (Crotian) is a *A Partner so no real connections onward , which UA would have if it flew the route
Croation is OU. Czech is OK (and SkyTeam).

I don't get DBV, either. Something like Malaga is at least close enough for a 757 PHL-AGP. We will see.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! I am so surprised to hear the news about PHX-LHR nonstop by operated American Airlines. It's not loaded the flight schedule yet.

Here's press release from PHX Sky Harbor:

https://www.skyharbor.com/Media/Pres...ondon-heathrow

Congrats to AA. I will be on the inaugural flight. This route should be done very well.
PHX_Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Austin787
More confirmation of AA's long term plans at JFK: routes to its other hubs. I could see AA eliminating all those routes in the future, including JFK-LHR since they can have BA fly it.
Wow, that would make JFK an AA hub on a par with... ATL.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
phx-lhr! Finally!

Too bad I moved to DFW last fall .

Will this be the first time sky harbor will see an AA liveried 772?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Anyone else surprised no announced changes to DFW-KEF?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by craz
I dont get DBV, I LOVE the place but its not a biz hub and is a leisure locale.
It's 3x week, which is appropriate for a leisure locale. The video accompanying the press release explained that they have used the data from their JV with BA to look at where people were connecting to in London. That is where they came up with the new routes (in addition to previous adds PRG and BUD). If enough people are double-connecting XXX-PHL/JFK/ORD-LHR-DBV they can provide a more attractive and more cost-effective connection XXX-PHL-DBV.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA ExePlat
Originally Posted by wetrat0
It's 3x week, which is appropriate for a leisure locale. The video accompanying the press release explained that they have used the data from their JV with BA to look at where people were connecting to in London. That is where they came up with the new routes (in addition to previous adds PRG and BUD). If enough people are double-connecting XXX-PHL/JFK/ORD-LHR-DBV they can provide a more attractive and more cost-effective connection XXX-PHL-DBV.
I was a XXX-MAD-DBV connection in July. Surely this change was made with me in mind.
beltway likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Berlin and Bologna nonstop from PHL is happy news for me. As a west coast passenger connecting for TATL flights seven or eight times a year, JFK has been a problem outgoing for sometime now because connections are either too tight or too long. PHL and CLT (and now PHX) are much easier for my schedule. All good news from my perspective.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by smuDC-10
Wow, a new DFW-Germany flight is a welcome addition and it is also exciting to see them attempting Dubrovnik. I wonder if the seasonal Phoenix service to LHR will see BA drop their 2nd 747 in the summer?
Good question. I know that 747 BA uses on this route is such an old tired dog its time they got some competition. But will the 777-200 product be an upgrade to the 747? That BA route seems like it is always packed...
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by stewlevine
Anyone else surprised no announced changes to DFW-KEF?
According to the AA press release, DFW-KEF returns next summer:
This summer, American launched seasonal service from PHL to Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport (BUD) in Hungary and Vaclav Havel Airport Prague (PRG) in the Czech Republic, as well as from ORD to Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE) in Italy and from Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) to Keflavik International Airport (KEF) in Iceland, all of which will operate through the end of October and return in 2019.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Glad to see CLT getting another international non-stop long haul route!

Safe Travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.