Which lounge at LAX would you use?

Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by skunker

There is natural light in the QF F lounge in the row of chairs that face the windows that look out at the duty free and large LED display. Sure,it’s only a sky light but it is natural light.
I've always struggled to tell whether it's light coming from the skylight or from the giant video screens opposite those windows!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JFX1764
Apart from the food, why do people prefer QF F? I think it's one of the most boring lounges I've experienced...
Food, big space, quiet (several times when I was there), wifi fast, you get service (tea, coffee or drink) from a staff no matter where I sat. For those who have kids, there is a space for them to play.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Ex-HKG this Sunday on AA192 in J and would like to shower before traveling on to PHL on the red eye. I'm an AC member but are there any better choices for me?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I spent time at both the QF F lounge and Flagship lounge a few weeks back before a flight to Melbourne. Personally, you could easily make a case for one being better than the other. Personally, I prefer the Flagship Lounge. The food is certainly better at the QF F lounge but I think the buffet is pretty serviceable and there are a lot of options. What does it for me though is the self serve drinks, the ability to load up on bottles of water for my flight, and the natural light. I just feel it is much more welcoming (oh and the showers are better). The QF lounge to me is a much more intimate experience. You have servers for everything, it's darker, and less people.

I started out in the Flagship lounge, had a couple of cocktails, sampled some of the food, and enjoyed the views. As I got closer to departure I headed over to the QF F lounge, had a light meal and then relaxed in the quieter and darker lounge. I found this to be a pretty good plan. I left the Flagship lounge right as it started getting busy. While the QF F lounge also got busy with the night flights departing there was still plenty of seating and it never sounded crowded.
Taking AA 108 to LHR on Wednesday and trying to recall if they've moved that flight from T4 to TBIT a couple years ago. Assuming in TBIT, can someone confirm I'd have access. While we are flying Y/MCE (J upgrade looks unlikely w/ SWU), I am EXP/Emerald. Am I correct to assume my wife and I have access to QF F lounge given my Emerald status? I'd seen a couple reviews on the lounge and comment section included folks who had been denied access. Appreciate the insight.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by sm82
Taking AA 108 to LHR on Wednesday and trying to recall if they've moved that flight from T4 to TBIT a couple years ago. Assuming in TBIT, can someone confirm I'd have access. While we are flying Y/MCE (J upgrade looks unlikely w/ SWU), I am EXP/Emerald. Am I correct to assume my wife and I have access to QF F lounge given my Emerald status? I'd seen a couple reviews on the lounge and comment section included folks who had been denied access. Appreciate the insight.
Hi.

Yes you will. I think there may have been issues where AA EXPs have been trying to get into the QF lounge on a pure internal US flight.

Even if AA 108 ls boarding from T4 you can visit the QF lounge then walk via the airside covered walkway to T4 ( less than 5mins)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Agree with the rankings presented upthread: QF F, Flagship, OW J Lounge.

Did a quick QF F tour on a short connection, had a drink and a snack and was on my way but would have loved to spend an afternoon there.
AA Flagship would be preferred for a morning lounge stint (especially after a red-eye or long Int'l flight). Showers are new and relatively spacious (compared to LHR T5 or some of the DFW AC options) and breakfast buffet there had good options.
OW J lounge had better atmosphere than flagship for lounging in the sense of "I have 4 hours to kill, might as well read and take a nap in the dark corner", and their bar with bartender was a nice touch as well. Food was average.

And for those who prefer to people watch, the KAL lounge (Accessed via priority pass) has a nice deck/veranda overlooking the bulk of TBIT's main level concourse and shopping area.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by jtav559
Agree with the rankings presented upthread: QF F, Flagship, OW J Lounge.

Did a quick QF F tour on a short connection, had a drink and a snack and was on my way but would have loved to spend an afternoon there.
AA Flagship would be preferred for a morning lounge stint (especially after a red-eye or long Int'l flight). Showers are new and relatively spacious (compared to LHR T5 or some of the DFW AC options) and breakfast buffet there had good options.
OW J lounge had better atmosphere than flagship for lounging in the sense of "I have 4 hours to kill, might as well read and take a nap in the dark corner", and their bar with bartender was a nice touch as well. Food was average.

And for those who prefer to people watch, the KAL lounge (Accessed via priority pass) has a nice deck/veranda overlooking the bulk of TBIT's main level concourse and shopping area.
Yes .... but considering the SkyTeam Business/First Class Lounge at TBIT -- aka KAL Lounge -- has the finest of dried noodles available with hot water, along with some cans of beer, I'd skip the people watching ... #loungemalpractice
T/BE20/G likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
For the OP, Flagship is the better option.

In my case, being Emerald, I use the the Qantas First class "cafeteria" for a shower (bring my sunglasses), then food. After that I head to the Flagship lounge and await my flight.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Thanks Everyone, I think will be using the Flagship Lounge in T4. We will be there during lunch hours and the views from the lounge look enticing to an AVgeek.

OP - Paul
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by Paul510
Thanks Everyone, I think will be using the Flagship Lounge in T4. We will be there during lunch hours and the views from the lounge look enticing to an AVgeek.

OP - Paul

Hopefully lunch time isn't so bad. Was there two nights ago around 6pm and it was a zoo. Had to go to the AC next door to get some peace.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
Hopefully lunch time isn't so bad. Was there two nights ago around 6pm and it was a zoo. Had to go to the AC next door to get some peace.
That is my major gripe when comparing the Flagship lounge to the QF F lounge. I typically enjoy the Flagship lounge until it gets too busy then head to QF F lounge where it seems to be more peaceful. I don't put too much stock into where my gate is as they are only about a 5 minute walk and before a flight I don't mind a few extra steps.
Uncle Nonny likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Admirals Club Member, HHonors
Can you access the QF F lounge as flagship first transcon customers? If so, with enough time, would you recommend FF Dining followed by the QF F? Or just stick with the Flagship lounge?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Advice: LAX Lounge

I am flying in F from LAX to JFK soon. Normally I would go to the Qantas F lounge at LAX which is one of my favorite in the world but am also thinking I should try Flagship First dining. Anyone done both lately and have a recommendation?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Originally Posted by phxbarcelona
I am flying in F from LAX to JFK soon. Normally I would go to the Qantas F lounge at LAX which is one of my favorite in the world but am also thinking I should try Flagship First dining. Anyone done both lately and have a recommendation?
I visited QF F LAX for dinner a few week ago prior to a LAX-JFK red-eye. I was very unimpressed with the food and service in the QF F restaurant. When I stopped by the normal Flagship lounge (not Flagship First Dinning), I had some buyer's remorse as the food looked better than what I had at QF. If JFK's FFD is any indication of LAX's FFD, I'd give it a try.

I've never been impressed with QF's F LAX lounge. The food pales in comparison to SYD/MEL F. After my last visit where I didn't finish the food, I thought to myself that I wouldn't make the trek over to TBIT and just stay at the Flagship next time!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by phxbarcelona
LAX is home so have a chance to try them somewhat frequently. I think the Qantas F lounge is great for food diversity and space but Flagship First Dining is better. I really love the breakfast and the food (and service) just seems like a step up. If you haven't tried the AA product, I think it's definitely worth trying the Flagship F Dining this time through. I don't think you'll regret it and you'll now have the context you need for your next trip!
phxbarcelona likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.