Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SFO Admirals Club access for oneworld flying Alaska

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Admirals Club access for oneworld flying Alaska

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
The T&Cs for One Day Passes on aa.com state "An ‘eligible flight’ includes any departing or arriving flight that is marketed or operated by American or marketed and operated by any oneworld® airline."

Since Alaska is now OW, that means I can use an AA One Day Pass when flying AS, correct? (Don't want to "splurge" on a pass that won't get me in.)
Old May 8, 2021, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jmd001
Since Alaska is now OW, that means I can use an AA One Day Pass when flying AS, correct? (Don't want to "splurge" on a pass that won't get me in.)
Yes, that satisfies the requirement. I'd suggest having the oneworld page open and ready on your phone just in case the lounge agent is not fully up to speed on that change quite yet.
Old May 8, 2021, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
And note the currently very limited hours (closes at 3:30 pm). The club is a long walk from security, I personally don't think it's worth changing terminals for, particularly given the challenges getting from T2 to T1 with the current construction.
Old May 10, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Kacee
And note the currently very limited hours (closes at 3:30 pm). The club is a long walk from security, I personally don't think it's worth changing terminals for, particularly given the challenges getting from T2 to T1 with the current construction.
I feel a little bummed every time I pass the rarely open SFO AC. One of these days I'll make it inside. Sounds like Alaska will open a temporary lounge inside the old SFO AC space sometime this summer.
Kacee likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
It has been soooo long since I've flown that I did not realize that AA flights (and the AC) had moved to T1 (duh!). I was only contemplating getting a one-day AC pass when I thought AS flights and the AA Club were both in T2. I concur: Not worth changing terminals. Thanks for the info.
Kacee likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I feel a little bummed every time I pass the rarely open SFO AC. One of these days I'll make it inside.
I’ve probably passed by there almost a dozen times since it “opened”. Each time it’s been closed.

Also looking forward to seeing the inside of it someday.
Old May 11, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by econ
I’ve probably passed by there almost a dozen times since it “opened”. Each time it’s been closed.

Also looking forward to seeing the inside of it someday.
Mrs. WWD visited the lounge a couple weeks ago and took pictures. Will post if I can find them.
econ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.