Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New beers coming to AA 1 Sep 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Admirals Club Member, HHonors
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Hate to see this, the voodoo ranger is the best beer AA has right now. Enjoyed it onboard today actually.

Goose is crap, and Fat Tire is severely overrated hipster beer.
Now if they had the Goose Island bourbon county.....
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by kahdgar
Now if they had the Goose Island bourbon county.....
Yes— my thought exactly! Ideally perhaps bottles carefully aged a few years to maximize the complexity?

(Never had a vertical beer tasting at 35,000 feet; that would be my ideal of heaven...)
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Admirals Club Member, HHonors
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner

Yes— my thought exactly! Ideally perhaps bottles carefully aged a few years to maximize the complexity?

(Never had a vertical beer tasting at 35,000 feet; that would be my ideal of heaven...)
A bit OT, but I've still got 2x bottles of 2012.... no idea when I'm going to drink them.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by controller1
All I've seen is that we have three new beers. Are we sure that Voodoo Ranger is leaving?
I doubt AA is going to carry two IPAs and it's a real shame that they're swapping out a good IPA for a Budweiser IPA.

I would also assume that the Sam Adams Oktoberfest is going to replace the Sam Adams product they currently carry.

Maybe Heineken is being swapped out for the Fat Tire Belgian White (not to be confused with regular Fat Tire). Seems like they both have the same target market: People Whose Taste Buds Don't Work So Good.
controller1 and bchandler02 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AA
Shame to be losing the Voodoo Ranger. Really good IPA that I've been getting nearly every flight.

I'd like to see Troegs or Dogfish Head if AA is going for more of a regional flare from hub cities.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond
I will be disappointed if they drop voodoo ranger for goose island, but what I would really like is to see an IPA in the aadmirals club.
controller1 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by cguzik
I will be disappointed if they drop voodoo ranger for goose island, but what I would really like is to see an IPA in the aadmirals club.
The Charlotte AC had at least 1 and maybe 2 the last time i was through.
cguzik likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Check
I doubt AA is going to carry two IPAs and it's a real shame that they're swapping out a good IPA for a Budweiser IPA.

I would also assume that the Sam Adams Oktoberfest is going to replace the Sam Adams product they currently carry.

Maybe Heineken is being swapped out for the Fat Tire Belgian White (not to be confused with regular Fat Tire). Seems like they both have the same target market: People Whose Taste Buds Don't Work So Good.
Not only going with a "Budweiser" IPA but an IPA that is ranked by beer drinkers as lower quality than Voodoo Ranger IPA....

Originally Posted by cguzik
This....
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Not only going with a "Budweiser" IPA but an IPA that is ranked by beer drinkers as lower quality than Voodoo Ranger IPA....

I'm just curious, where are you finding this ranking? I read through the first 5 or 6 results for a google search of "ranked IPA"s and the below link was the only one I could find with the two compared. Voodoo received a score of 92 and Goose a 91 so not much of a difference...

https://beerandbrewing.com/cbb-beer-reviews/top/

This is the only other time I found either beer really listed otherwise which had Goose at 8 (which I 100% don't agree with).

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/14...ked-1595664496

I'm just curious where you can see the list because I personally like Goose better but if there is a list I can see the ranking that'd be cool.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I'm just curious, where are you finding this ranking? I read through the first 5 or 6 results for a google search of "ranked IPA"s and the below link was the only one I could find with the two compared. Voodoo received a score of 92 and Goose a 91 so not much of a difference...

https://beerandbrewing.com/cbb-beer-reviews/top/

This is the only other time I found either beer really listed otherwise which had Goose at 8 (which I 100% don't agree with).

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/14...ked-1595664496

I'm just curious where you can see the list because I personally like Goose better but if there is a list I can see the ranking that'd be cool.
I use the app UNTAPPD. It keeps track of what beers you've had, where you had them and what score (1-5) you gave them. It also keeps track of the average score worldwide. Additionally, for IPAs it also shows the IBU (hoppiness) of the beer.

For example, Voodoo Ranger has an average score of 3.68 while Goose IPA has an average score of 3.54.

For the other beers available on AA: Heineken is 2.92. Miller Lite is 2.43. Bud Light 2.27. Corona 3.06. Not sure if they have those beers or not. I don't drink them (unless that's all there is and they are free!).

If you're a beer nerd, it's a fun app to have!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I use the app UNTAPPD. It keeps track of what beers you've had, where you had them and what score (1-5) you gave them. It also keeps track of the average score worldwide. Additionally, for IPAs it also shows the IBU (hoppiness) of the beer.

For example, Voodoo Ranger has an average score of 3.68 while Goose IPA has an average score of 3.54.

For the other beers available on AA: Heineken is 2.92. Miller Lite is 2.43. Bud Light 2.27. Corona 3.06. Not sure if they have those beers or not. I don't drink them (unless that's all there is and they are free!).

If you're a beer nerd, it's a fun app to have!
That's awesome. I'll have to check out that App. No Miller Lite or Corona on your place. They have Bud and Dos XX in place of those. Plus the Voodoo and maybe another. I lose track as I don't drink a ton of beer on planes for the fact as I mentioned earlier they just aren't that cold.
controller1 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
As an alternative you can always drink Budweiser - The King of Beers!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Hey I'm happy as long as they don't just carry light "beer" or Corona.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:59 pm

Sam Adams Swapped For Angry Orchard Dec 2018

While flying this week saw that they swapped Angry Orchard Hard Cider in for the seasonal Sam Adams in the inflight menus.

Makes sense as Boston Beer Company owns both brands, just interesting as other than JetBlue I’ve never seen another airline carry cider.

Of course catering doesn’t seem to have caught up. Out of LAX, PHL and DFW this week still plenty of Sam Adams and no Angry Orchard yet.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by skunker
Green Flash>Ballast Point > Goose > Voodoo

Having gone to school in Colorado, its been interesting to watch New Belgium grow. They used to only be in Colorado and Kansas. I used to bring a case of Fat Tire or Sunshine Wheat as a carry-on prior to 311 being implemented.
I immigrated to the US back in 96 and ended up in the Boston area and grew rather fond of Harpoon IPA. I then moved to CO and then AZ, so no chance of getting Harpoon in those states (furthest West I’ve found it was Austin, TX) so pre 311 I’d always load 2 6 packs of Harpoon IPA into my hand luggage if I ever found myself having to travel to MA for business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.