Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Temporary “Premium Lounge” DFW (CLOSED 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The interim “Premium Lounge” opened with the closing of the original Terminal D Admirals Club and interim “Flagship Dining” facility in what had previously been the smoking room. The Terminal D Admirals Club closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
The DFW Terminal D interim Premium Lounge was accessible from near Gate 36.

The access policy for the interim Premium Lounge was the same as the American Flagship Lounges located at ORD, JFK, LAX, and MIA: First Class and Business Class on a qualifying international flight or AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum status with AA (oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status) in any cabin on a qualifying international flight.

It is NOT accessible to Admirals Club members not meeting the criteria above; the qualifying international flight must be flown the day of access or by 6 am the following day.

Extended food options are available, and premium alcoholic beverages at the tiki bar, Express machines. Better than the Club, not as good as FFD. Furnishings are temporary, mostly recycled from the pre-refurbishment A and closed D Clubs. Spacious, dated, better than the gates waiting areas and often less crowded than the Centurion Club. See Andy’s illustrated report on BoardingArea here.

The lounge will be replaced by a true Flagship Lounge with Flagship First Dining, serving qualifying passengers on other oneworld airlines in addition to AA “sometime in 2019”.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Temporary “Premium Lounge” DFW (CLOSED 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Upcoming 3-hour layover at DFW end of this month. Tempted to perform a "pub crawl" from A to B to C, finishing with a beverage in a plastic cup (no straw of course) at the tiki bar in the Premium Lounge, then wait in line at the toilet there.

Then again, a long lunch at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen sounds much better.
JDiver likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres, Global Entry
Ah the Pappadeaux Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Poppers .. I'd nearly fly to DFW just to eat those, they are that good !
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
The "premium" lounge had a few new (to me) items today -- artichokes and pepperoncinis. But only chips were Sun Chips and the only sandwiches were tuna fish or vegetable. People are right that it is spacious and quiet, at least.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA MM (like it matters!) All of my flying was personal travel, and COVID-19 stopped that.
I spent a few hours in the Terminal B club a week ago. I was a bit surprised at how busy it was. Thank you for the explanation.

The B club was always my go-to place when I really didn't want to be disturbed. The A and C clubs both have/had long walks from the skytrain stations, and I don't do long walks as well as I used to. Between that, and AA shifting all HSV flights to RJs into and out of Terminal B, or to CLT, I never have a reason to hit Terminal A or C any more.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
There aren't nearly enough power outlets in this place...glad I got here "early."
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by infinite97
There aren't nearly enough power outlets in this place...glad I got here "early."
There's plenty of power outlets at the Admiral's Club in Terminal A. Unfortunately, about 97% of the seats are occupied inside.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP (15yrs) 3+MM , exDLPlt, exCOPlt, Cruiseaholic (250+)
Disappointing premium Lounge

Had a long layover in Dallas, so I got to sample both the premium Lounge in Concourse D and the regular Admirals Club in Concourse B.
Very poor food selection at d and the bartender was noticeably absent much of the time I was there. A few bags of chips but not much else.Went to The Concourse B Admirals Club and was much much better, although definitely more crowded
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by MiamiFlyer
Had a long layover in Dallas, so I got to sample both the premium Lounge in Concourse D and the regular Admirals Club in Concourse B.
Very poor food selection at d and the bartender was noticeably absent much of the time I was there. A few bags of chips but not much else.Went to The Concourse B Admirals Club and was much much better, although definitely more crowded
What time of day was this? You did not see any hummus and veggies; marinated chicken and/or beef with pita bread; those delicious oatmeal cookies?

No bartender? I would have asked for him/her at the front counter, and then I would have told that bartender that I'll be coming back a couple of times during the next couple of hours. If that was ignored, I'd pour my own. Truly.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by jcatman
What time of day was this? You did not see any hummus and veggies; marinated chicken and/or beef with pita bread; those delicious oatmeal cookies?

No bartender? I would have asked for him/her at the front counter, and then I would have told that bartender that I'll be coming back a couple of times during the next couple of hours. If that was ignored, I'd pour my own. Truly.
The temp lounge in D is a dump.

Two trays of slop served for food.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I understand the temporariness of the Lounge, the furniture is D and A Club leftovers, and the other deficiencies. I appreciate AA opening this lounge in the interim of D Flagship Lounge, Club and FFD, but there’s not much service effort showing other than at the front desk. The seating area for consuming food is insufficient, and the food is less than brilliant as well. On our last trip we went to A Club after visiting the interim Premium Lounge - and eating lightly at Pappadeaux for significantly better food (transatlantic eastbound we prefer a light meal on the ground and sleeping on the aircraft.)

In my opinion, there’s a male bartender at the Premium Lounge who is absent often and a complete dipstick when he’s there. I go out of my way to be pleasant to those in service positions, as I’ve been there, but whereas most people respond in kind Nd this guy is often just jerking.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:06 pm

Stopped at Pappadeaux on my way to Nashville in early September and was disappointed. $32 for a half bottle of Seghesio Zinfandel, and $20-something for a salty crab cake. Mediocre service. I'm all done with that trip down the escalator to the basement.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:42 pm

I don't normally fly AA but am flying XXX-DFW-MEX in J next month, so I have a few questions:

Does the temporary Premium lounge in D have showers?

Are there drink chits at this lounge or is everything complimentary?

And if I go to a normal AC in another terminal, say to use the showers or just for change of scenery, I can get two drink chits?

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Didn’t bother with the temp lounge. On arrival on AA71 Sunday I just went to the new Centurion at D12. Its still crowded but twice the size if the old location near the Skylink ~D21.

Food is as good or better than any FL. Booze in the FLs is self serve and for that reason - better.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by threeoh
I don't normally fly AA but am flying XXX-DFW-MEX in J next month, so I have a few questions:

And if I go to a normal AC in another terminal, say to use the showers or just for change of scenery, I can get two drink chits?

Thanks!
Booze is on the house, just like a FL or AC. I have never been to this temp lounge so I don’t know if it is self serve like the other FLs. You wont need a chit to have some free premium choices like Grand Marnier in liquors you can pour yourself (if thats how it works in this temp lounge).

Or decent bubbly.

If you show up at the AC first (or later) you will get the premium chits if you want to use them there.

If you are AMEX PLT the Centurion has excellent showers and as I stated above, decent food. Bartender service and it can be crowded.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by threeoh

Thanks!
The drinks are complimentary but not self serve in the temp lounge. There is a bartender who will serve you drinks and there is no set limit.

I am not 100% positive but do not think there are showers. I didn’t see signs for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.