Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Temporary “Premium Lounge” DFW (CLOSED 16 May 2019)

Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The interim “Premium Lounge” opened with the closing of the original Terminal D Admirals Club and interim “Flagship Dining” facility in what had previously been the smoking room. The Terminal D Admirals Club closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
The DFW Terminal D interim Premium Lounge was accessible from near Gate 36.

The access policy for the interim Premium Lounge was the same as the American Flagship Lounges located at ORD, JFK, LAX, and MIA: First Class and Business Class on a qualifying international flight or AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum status with AA (oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status) in any cabin on a qualifying international flight.

It is NOT accessible to Admirals Club members not meeting the criteria above; the qualifying international flight must be flown the day of access or by 6 am the following day.

Extended food options are available, and premium alcoholic beverages at the tiki bar, Express machines. Better than the Club, not as good as FFD. Furnishings are temporary, mostly recycled from the pre-refurbishment A and closed D Clubs. Spacious, dated, better than the gates waiting areas and often less crowded than the Centurion Club. See Andy’s illustrated report on BoardingArea here.

The lounge will be replaced by a true Flagship Lounge with Flagship First Dining, serving qualifying passengers on other oneworld airlines in addition to AA “sometime in 2019”.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Temporary “Premium Lounge” DFW (CLOSED 16 May 2019)

Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
This is sad...a guy just came out of the bathroom in the "premium lounge" walking a bit awkwardly. He then asked the staff if he could get a roll of toilet paper. He then returned to the bathroom with said roll. Oh my.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
And...they just made an announcement that the "Admirals Club" will be closing at 10:15.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ikwia
This is sad...a guy just came out of the bathroom in the "premium lounge" walking a bit awkwardly. He then asked the staff if he could get a roll of toilet paper. He then returned to the bathroom with said roll. Oh my.
He should have just walked up to the buffet table and grabbed a roll there

Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:04 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I stopped in to check this lounge out on a Monday between 12-1pm. I found the snack offerings pretty sparse, but that may have been partly due to my time of day. There was also hardly anyone in it. I headed over to the new AC at A23 and found it nicer, of course since it's recently renovated, and a much better selection of foods/snacks. My bad because I didn't fully research the Premium Lounge and thought it would have more hot food offerings and a self serve bar ala Flagship Lounge. If I had known better, I would have just gone straight to the A23 lounge. It was plenty sufficient for my 2 hour layover.

Last edited by PHL; Mar 11, 2019 at 7:34 pm
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:27 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Couple questions about this "premium lounge":

1. Given the current closure of the D Admiral's Club, is this "premium lounge" open at present (will be going through DFW this weekend.
2. The rules above (in the Wiki) seem to indicate that this does not follow strict FL rules: It seems to exclude non-AA Sapphire and Emerald on any (including domestic) OW flights (we have VA Silver (Sapphire) so would be allowed in FL under normal rules.

Cheers.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brp
Couple questions about this "premium lounge":

1. Given the current closure of the D Admiral's Club, is this "premium lounge" open at present (will be going through DFW this weekend.
2. The rules above (in the Wiki) seem to indicate that this does not follow strict FL rules: It seems to exclude non-AA Sapphire and Emerald on any (including domestic) OW flights (we have VA Silver (Sapphire) so would be allowed in FL under normal rules.

Cheers.
I would just go to the AC in A. It is nicer.

Those horrid Nescafe Milano machines that used to be in the ACs resurfaced here.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:46 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That bad, huh? We were there once several years back (international flight) and it didn't seem too bad. If I happen to be in D, I can always go to the Centurion Lounge. Thanks.

Cheers.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
That bad, huh? We were there once several years back (international flight) and it didn't seem too bad. If I happen to be in D, I can always go to the Centurion Lounge. Thanks.

Cheers.
Several years ago would have been the Admirals Club by D23?

This is basically a large room with furniture, the same snacks as the AC, sometimes some actual food (nothing special) and the horrid Nescafe coffee. The Centurion is much better as is the renovated A club.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by brp
The rules above (in the Wiki) seem to indicate that this does not follow strict FL rules
Actually they do, the Wiki just does not go into the excruciating details. In the Wiki, the first line discussing access requirements says "The access policy for the interim Premium Lounge is the same as the American Flagship Lounges located at ORD, JFK, LAX, and MIA".

Which match the rules on AA's web site: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp Scroll down to Premium Lounge – Terminal D

As noted the lounge at terminal A is better, but only marginally so and may well be more crowded. I visited both my last time through DFW, and that was the case. No showers at the Terminal D Premium Lounge, so I went to Terminal A Admirals Club.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:00 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antarius
Several years ago would have been the Admirals Club by D23?

This is basically a large room with furniture, the same snacks as the AC, sometimes some actual food (nothing special) and the horrid Nescafe coffee. The Centurion is much better as is the renovated A club.
No, thi9s was the "temporary FL" that did have more hot offerings that the D23 AC, and better booze...at the time, anyway.

Cheers.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
No, thi9s was the "temporary FL" that did have more hot offerings that the D23 AC, and better booze...at the time, anyway.

Cheers.
Oh yeah, the Flagship room thing. I remember.

The temporary lounge is definitely worse.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:14 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see . Low expectations are suitably lowered.

Well, on the way to MIA, so will hit that FL on arrival.

Cheers.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by brp
we have VA Silver (Sapphire) so would be allowed in FL under normal rules.

Cheers.
VA silver = OW sapphire???
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by brp
I see . Low expectations are suitably lowered.

Well, on the way to MIA, so will hit that FL on arrival.

Cheers.
Do not even waste your time at the temp FL. It's garbage. They have two stainless steel vats of hot food with a silly looking tiki hut that looks like it was built by 8th graders.

Go right to A lounge. It's the nicest lounge at DFW.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:30 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metallo
VA silver = OW sapphire???
Sorry. BA Silver. I misspelled 'B'

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.