Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Temporary “Premium Lounge” DFW (CLOSED 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The interim “Premium Lounge” opened with the closing of the original Terminal D Admirals Club and interim “Flagship Dining” facility in what had previously been the smoking room. The Terminal D Admirals Club closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
The DFW Terminal D interim Premium Lounge was accessible from near Gate 36.

The access policy for the interim Premium Lounge was the same as the American Flagship Lounges located at ORD, JFK, LAX, and MIA: First Class and Business Class on a qualifying international flight or AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum status with AA (oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status) in any cabin on a qualifying international flight.

It is NOT accessible to Admirals Club members not meeting the criteria above; the qualifying international flight must be flown the day of access or by 6 am the following day.

Extended food options are available, and premium alcoholic beverages at the tiki bar, Express machines. Better than the Club, not as good as FFD. Furnishings are temporary, mostly recycled from the pre-refurbishment A and closed D Clubs. Spacious, dated, better than the gates waiting areas and often less crowded than the Centurion Club. See Andy’s illustrated report on BoardingArea here.

The lounge will be replaced by a true Flagship Lounge with Flagship First Dining, serving qualifying passengers on other oneworld airlines in addition to AA “sometime in 2019”.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Temporary “Premium Lounge” DFW (CLOSED 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD

The drinks are complimentary but not self serve in the temp lounge. There is a bartender who will serve you drinks and there is no set limit.

I am not 100% positive but do not think there are showers. I didn’t see signs for them.
No showers in temp lounge.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by Rebob
Take the tram over to B (or even walk it, the distance isn't that bad) and get free premium drinks (if they are still offering them in December). The north end of D crosses pretty close to the South end of B where the B lounge is located.
Hi All,

Is this still the case with Terminal B? I am flying out today from Terminal E and have time to spare. I don't mind making the long (long...loooooooooong!) SkyTrain trip to Terminal B if free premium drinks are to be had

Many thanks in advance!

Panjabi
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by panjabi
Hi All,

Is this still the case with Terminal B? I am flying out today from Terminal E and have time to spare. I don't mind making the long (long...loooooooooong!) SkyTrain trip to Terminal B if free premium drinks are to be had

Many thanks in advance!

Panjabi
If you're going to take the Skylink to an AC in another terminal, I would suggest stopping at the A terminal for the nicely updated AC, or the C terminal for the spaciousness of it. B has been overly crowded the past few times I went, and the bar area is tiny.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by econometrics
If you're going to take the Skylink to an AC in another terminal, I would suggest stopping at the A terminal for the nicely updated AC, or the C terminal for the spaciousness of it. B has been overly crowded the past few times I went, and the bar area is tiny.
Hi Econometrics,

I agree that the AC in Terminal B is crowded, but if I can get a couple of nice scotches without having to pay $12 for each of them, I think it will be worth the tradeoff...

There is only so much of the"House Red" that I can drink..

Warm Regards,

Panjabi
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:33 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by jcatman
Stopped at Pappadeaux on my way to Nashville in early September and was disappointed. $32 for a half bottle of Seghesio Zinfandel, and $20-something for a salty crab cake. Mediocre service. I'm all done with that trip down the escalator to the basement.
That is not a good pairing at all, IMHO.

Last edited by LINDEGR; Nov 13, 2018 at 11:56 am
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
That is not a good pairing at all, IMHO.
Two people shared that 1/2 bottle, so the selection was by committee.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Black card got us in today
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
This evening was one bowl of Mac and cheese, finger sandwiches. One soup.

The creme de la creme was styrofoam plates and bowls, plastic cutlery.

I realize this is a temp lounge but what an embarrassment.
JDiver and MorganB like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:47 pm

When is the new lounge opening? I’m flying F to LHR in Feb. - assuming I’ll just be spending my time at the Cent lounge.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thelark
When is the new lounge opening? I’m flying F to LHR in Feb. - assuming I’ll just be spending my time at the Cent lounge.
I don’t know.

I don’t have access to the centurion lounge and didn’t have enough time to hit A.

I wish we had access to the BA and JL lounge.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by enviroian
I don’t know.

I don’t have access to the centurion lounge and didn’t have enough time to hit A.

I wish we had access to the BA and JL lounge.
But we don’t, because they’re contract lounges. And iirc they’ll close when the new Flagship Lounge opens. It actually may not be very long before the new lounge opens. Meantime, we’ve got the used furniture dump with college-cafeteria-looks-better food offerings.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
But we don’t, because they’re contract lounges. And iirc they’ll close when the new Flagship Lounge opens. It actually may not be very long before the new lounge opens. Meantime, we’ve got the used furniture dump with college-cafeteria-looks-better food offerings.
I had no idea they will close upon the new FL opening nor did I know they are contract lounges. I guess in the time being and if you have time the AC in A is the best bet.

Your last sentence pretty much summed it up. Would it really kill AA to have proper plate ware and cutlery in a *Flagship* lounge? Again I know it’s tenporary but the name is still being used.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:37 pm

I had no idea they will close upon the new FL opening nor did I know they are contract lounges. I guess in the time being and if you have time the AC in A is the best bet.

Your last sentence pretty much summed it up. Would it really kill AA to have proper plate ware and cutlery in a *Flagship* lounge? Again I know it’s tenporary but the name is still being used.
It's an embarrassment and an insult to customers (particularly those on revenue F/J). Amex turned around their new Cent lounge space in practically no time. AA still can't get their act together.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
This evening was one bowl of Mac and cheese, finger sandwiches. One soup.
At least it's something different -- they had those chicken and beef things since opening. I've never seen the mac and cheese but i infer it wasn't impressive.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Tonight they had meatballs. Pretty good, actually. Different than what they used to have in A. They also had 2 new soups, chicken and corn and creamy potato. There was a condiment selection for the meatballs and soups. One of the items was bacon (per the sign, and there was an empty spot for it) but the staff insisted they've never had bacon.

Unfortunately, my CK rep said she thinks the permanent lounge won't be until the end of 2019. Of course, everyone is just speculating, but since I had heard March from a couple of people I was optimistic that was the target. It still may be, of course .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.