Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Boarding changes or just incompentent GAs?

Boarding changes or just incompentent GAs?

Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
A few weeks back I was on an ORD to PHX Thursday night flight which is always loaded with preferred members. It was at one of the more awkward gates with not a lot of seating and boarding started about 10 minutes late for no apparent reason. Naturally, plenty of people were standing around waiting to board. The GA boarded in order but only allowed about 15 seconds between group 2 and group 3. I was I believe 9th on the UG list so I know there were at least 9 group 2 passengers waiting to board. The guy in front of me said something to the GA about allowing enough time for us to get through the masses and she just looked at him with a blank stare.

I get that many people don't think it matters but as an EXP who travels regularly there are times I want to board in the order that is expected. If you have a bulkhead seat or any seat up front the bin space can fill up very quickly. It doesn't take long where your baggage is 4 or 5 rows behind your seat. Is this a huge deal? No. There are far worse concerns in life. However, at the end of a long week (when you travel basically weekly) when arriving late at night it is nice to be able to deplane, grab your bags, and go. Again, I'm not trying to send "elite" or anything but with benefits decreasing it is nice to at least be able to use some of the small things that help improve the overall travel experience.
Ceres and Uzzar like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.