Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Points Upgrade on AA marketed JL operated Flight? (No.)

Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer

We are presently booked on an AA codeshare flight with JAL from BKK to SFO via HND in premium economy, fare class W. I am trying to find out if I can use AA points to upgrade to business class for the two flights. If so, is this like a typical award flight where I need to check if award seats are available? Also, the AA site shows 15,000 points as the number needed from Asia, but im not sure if that includes SE Asia, as AA only flies to East Asia.

Any information would be welcomed.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CaliforniaSteve
We are presently booked on an AA codeshare flight with JAL from BKK to SFO via HND in premium economy, fare class W. I am trying to find out if I can use AA points to upgrade to business class for the two flights.
No.

AA only has cross airline upgrades with BA & IB. And then subject to heavy t&c's.
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA CK
Looking for advice from some that are more experienced with JL... I'm in the same situation above, booked AA marketed JL operated flights. Would it be possible to upgrade using JAL Mileage Bank miles? Thanks for anyone who may be able to chime in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.