Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Boeing 763 / 767-300ER Technology (IFE, power, WiFi, etc.)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 2, 19, 7:01 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
AA has 24 remaining Boeing 767-323ER / 763 in the Fleet. They will be retired within a few years as more 787-8 Dreamliners join the fleet. Currently, the 763s fly to Europe, DFW or ORD (seasonal) to Hawaii, and can be deployed to South America.

These aircraft were delivered 1993-2003, and have all been fitted out with 28J (solo lie flat seats) and 181Y (including 21 MCE) seats in 2-3-2 configuration.

Power: J and MCE (excluding exit row seats), universal plug 110 VAC + 5 VDC USB. sriegert reports some coach seats offer cigar plug outlets.

WiFi: Panasonic ExConnect Ku band aeronautical satellite network -based WiFi.

IFE: J preloaded tablets, Bose NR headsets (see post #2). No seatback / AVOD in aircraft.

The video in post #1 includes the technology features in Business / domestic First class, other than the Panasonic WiFi.

See Boeing 767-300 / 763 Best MCE / Main Cabin Extra / Economy Seats

See AA 767-300 / 763 Full Flat Thompson Vantage Business Seat, Best, etc.

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 1, 07, 4:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

American Airlines Boeing 767 Business Class Seat
Old Jun 1, 07, 4:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

American Airlines Boeing 767 Business Class seat tablet, power outlet
Attached Images   

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 9, 18 at 11:42 am
Old Aug 9, 18, 7:03 am

booked a flight for my family (3 kids) to ZRH in november. it seems to me that the plane doesnt have seat back entertainment and i'm trying to figure out if the plane has streaming media? it seems like it has wifi so not entirely sure if that means it has streaming media. does it also have power outlets? we are stuck in economy for now unless business saver opens up
Old Aug 9, 18, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage PP
No AVOD, no power outlets (at least in Y) and probably no streaming.
omaralt likes this.
Old Aug 9, 18, 8:22 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
J does have power outlets and a Samsung tablet. Last time I had to download a couple movies on Netflix just in case. Slept through most of the flight so I didn't check streaming.

According to aa.com, MCE has power outlet but Main does not.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...false&from=Nav
omaralt likes this.
Old Aug 9, 18, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by andersonCooper View Post
J does have power outlets and a Samsung tablet. Last time I had to download a couple movies on Netflix just in case. Slept through most of the flight so I didn't check streaming.

According to aa.com, MCE has power outlet but Main does not.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...false&from=Nav
I think they are the DC / cigarette style ports though. Some seats in Y (non MCE) have them too, although it is a small number
Old Aug 9, 18, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge View Post
No AVOD, no power outlets (at least in Y) and probably no streaming.
thanks. gotta make sure the kids tablets have downloaded movies and full power. amazing that theyre still flying a plane like this. and it seems like PHL is the only nonstop to ZRH on AA in november..
Old Aug 9, 18, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
thanks. gotta make sure the kids tablets have downloaded movies and full power. amazing that theyre still flying a plane like this. and it seems like PHL is the only nonstop to ZRH on AA in november..
it is the only nonstop to ZRH on AA always. The JFK route was canned.

and yes, the 767s are pretty poor.
Old Aug 9, 18, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
it is the only nonstop to ZRH on AA always. The JFK route was canned.

and yes, the 767s are pretty poor.
thanks. i thought the JFK was seasonal didnt realize it was canned.
Old Aug 9, 18, 8:41 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
I think they are the DC / cigarette style ports though. Some seats in Y (non MCE) have them too, although it is a small number
For J I think they still have international power outlets; but for Y you are right - only some seats have cig style ports.
Old Aug 9, 18, 8:56 am

Programs: AA
The 767s have an awful product. Oddly, there is Live TV but no other streaming entertainment.
Old Aug 9, 18, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by andersonCooper View Post
For J I think they still have international power outlets; but for Y you are right - only some seats have cig style ports.
You are correct about J. Post refit they have the international multi country power AC power outlet up front.
Old Aug 9, 18, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
I think they are the DC / cigarette style ports though
I think those are right next to the GTE Airphone
jcatman likes this.
Old Aug 9, 18, 10:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I was on one of these aircraft 2 years ago for GIG-MIA, seated in an, "exit row," and had a cigarette-style power port. Nearly everyone around me, including the FA, was surprised when I pulled an adapter out of my backpack and plugged in my computer.
About 2 years before that, I was on a 777 prior to refurbishment, and it also had the same type of power. After researching that aircraft here on FT, I bought the adapter from Amazon, I think it was about $25, and I've gotten a bit of use out of it.
Old Aug 9, 18, 10:54 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS MVP, VA
AA at least used to have cigarette light power ports every three rows or so in coach on their MD-80s, 737s (c. 2000 delivery fleet), and 763s. The seat map on AA.com used to clearly show where the power ports are, but I don't see a seat map anymore. So if those are still there in the exit rows, I'd imagine they're still there every three rows or so. But I haven't been on an AA 763 in about a decade, and certainly not one since the cabin improvement project; maybe they did remove the power ports that were there in coach.

See the older and 2018 threads on power ports.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: