Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources for 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage

How will this effect PHL?? Will the winds cause delays on Thursday? Will it cascade in to Friday?

The current thread can be read here.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 6, 2018 at 9:09 pm Reason: Insert moderator note
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
How will this effect PHL?? Will the winds cause delays on Thursday? Will it cascade in to Friday?
Even Accuweather can’t precict with 100% certainty. The AA policy and other resources linked to in the Wikipost at the top of the page can at least help you see what is occurring - and the AA policy is critical for those originating, ending or connecting in affected airports.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
On award business award saver ticket scheduled to fly from LHR-PHL-DFW during current travel advisory, Winter Storm Grayson. I’d really like to get direct LHR-DFW in business. Of course there’s no business saver seats available on direct (AA51/AA81).

I believe they won’t make the change unless one of my original flights is canceled right?

Anyone have experiences with AA changing business class award seats to direct without award fare difference (57.5k vs 110k)?

Last edited by BarryL; Jan 3, 2018 at 10:31 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by BarryL
On award business award saver ticket scheduled to fly from LHR-PHL-DFW during current travel advisory, Winter Storm Grayson. I’d really like to get direct LHR-DFW in business. Of course there’s no business saver seats available on direct (AA51/AA81).

I believe they won’t make the change unless one of my original flights is canceled right?

Anyone have experiences with AA changing business class award seats to direct without award fare difference (57.5k vs 110k)?
If PHL is affected by waivers you may be able to change your flight.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:05 pm

Joe Brancatelli warns, in part:

+ After nearly 1,000 cancellations and 7,000 delays today--mostly in Southern and Southeastern states--the airlines have already cancelled more than 2,800 flight tomorrow.
+ New York's LaGuardia Airport says 90 percent of the flights there have already been scrubbed.
+ American Airlines says it has cancelled the Boston-New York-Washington Shuttle and dumped flights at its Philadelphia and New York/Kennedy hub. Boston flights are off tomorrow until at least 9:30pm. Hartford flights are off until after 7pm tomorrow and Providence flights are off until at least 9:30pm.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:06 am

Why me?

ok so, I get there is a blizzard on the way to CT but I was on a day trip BDL-MIA for business and was waiting in the airport at MIA when I got the dreaded cancelation notice. Luckily I have family in the area so I'm housed, fed, and warm. However, AA decided to fly their CLT-BDL last night. Why?

im supposed to be on that flight tonight and I also have a spirit flight as a contingency. Why would AA cancel one flight and not the other despite the fact thst their entire morning bank sans two regional flights was canceled? How does that bode for my flight tonight assuming the plane from last night is stuck?

more importantly, and I'm in my own for this one...what do I tell work?

for the first time in my 30 years of life, I finally had a canceled flight, so my completion percentage is good at least!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jco613
You should probably tell work that your flight was cancelled due to the blizzard...
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're on a business trip, your business should be taking care of unexpected expenses.
But your post is confusing.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
If you're on a business trip, your business should be taking care of unexpected expenses.
But your post is confusing.
yeah, the business was potential future business...not my current job. And all of my winter clothes are in a hotel room at BDL right now...not cool. When I left at 5am, they said 1-3 inches...now its like 10-15. Amazing what happens in 12 hours.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:56 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

yeah, the business was potential future business...not my current job. And all of my winter clothes are in a hotel room at BDL right now...not cool. When I left at 5am, they said 1-3 inches...now its like 10-15. Amazing what happens in 12 hours.
Does your credit card offer trip delay coverage? I now only book my trips with cards that include delayed baggage and trip delay coverage. Work will cover some stuff, but I don't want to ask them to cover my extra underwear when my bags are delayed. It also covers everything I could want ($300-500/claim, depending on card and which category it falls into) on personal trips that are delayed. Also, if you have AAA premier/plus, they offer trip interruption if you're more than 100 driving miles from home. AAA doesn't say you must be driving, from what I see, so they should cover expenses.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:24 am

And it continues. At 12:20 Eastern, it looks like this:
Attached Images  
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
AA award CX flight cancelled

My HKG-JFK Cathay flight canceled due to winter storm...I booked J using AA miles, and CX agents are telling me it’s AA’s problem because I booked using AA miles (and issue is weather related), but AA is telling me it’s CX’s problem.

Any advice on who is responsible for reaccommodating me (plus wife and toddler on same ticket)? I’ve given up on retaining my CX business class...I just need a flight home.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by bouncingbug
My HKG-JFK Cathay flight canceled due to winter storm...I booked J using AA miles, and CX agents are telling me it’s AA’s problem because I booked using AA miles (and issue is weather related), but AA is telling me it’s CX’s problem.

Any advice on who is responsible for reaccommodating me (plus wife and toddler on same ticket)? I’ve given up on retaining my CX business class...I just need a flight home.
CX should rebook you. Call again and ask to be reaccomodated on the next availbale flight - which might be a pain as all CX flights seem zeroed out till Monday. Though it might change.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by bouncingbug

CX should. Try another CX agent at HKG.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...orm-in-us.html

Does not look like any HKG-JFK flights were cancelled. Also try to ask for EWR as well.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Originally Posted by erik123
CX should rebook you. Call again and ask to be reaccomodated on the next availbale flight - which might be a pain as all CX flights seem zeroed out till Monday. Though it might change.
Thanks erik123 for quick and direct response. The HK airport staff (somehow seemed really knowledgeable) and 2 AA plat agents all said (adamantly) that CX is responsible. But somehow as I spoke with 2 separate CX staff at the airport ticketing counter they say it's not their problem...I'm surprised and frustrated by the poor quality of CX staff in this case.

My issue is exacerbated by my wife's visa status (7-day stay in HK only and expires in 3 days), so not only do I have to sort out this multi-day extension but also have to go to HK immigration to hopefully get her visa extended. Assume that at least shouldn't be an issue given extenuating (and probably not uncommon) circumstances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.