Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources for 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources for 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
I checked in with flightradar24.com a number of times today. Many missed landings at JFK today, and I think they are using the longer/wider runway. Most recently DAL flight from San Juan missed and is now diverted.

edit - I'm going to stick around office to see if AA 105 LHR to JFK lands - its on its final along the south coast of Long Island although there are alot of planes circling just west of Manhattan (AA, DL, B6).

Last edited by george 3; Mar 2, 2018 at 3:31 pm
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by george 3
From Flightradar24.com, it looks like JFK is accepting some inbounds ((primarily big planes) and nothing into LGA. In fact I saw an AA Toronto to LGA turnaround just north of the airfield and turn back north.
Didn't quite make it back to YYZ.... Ended up in BUF.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...550Z/CYYZ/KBUF
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I think my Bos-LAX flight on Wednesday 3/21 is going to be cancelled (departs 7:50, arrives 4:23pm). Do you think it will be cancelled the night before (say before midnight or 11pm)?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Most likely. Your inbound aircraft arrives on a red-eye. (Assuming you're on AA1148)
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by diburning
Most likely. Your inbound aircraft arrives on a red-eye. (Assuming you're on AA1148)
Yes, it arrives on a red eye (my flight is 2813).
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
I moved my 5:30pm flight tomorrow from JFK to LAx to 10AM, what are the odds of this t0AM flight leaving?. I am concerned that all might be shiutdown some time tomorrow and hope that 10AM is still safe.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
Valmiki, I think you have a good shot if it's not too bad overnight - snow is supposed to hit a little tonight, then tomorrow right around late morning to mid-afternoon....so after you leave.

I am keeping fingers crossed that tomorrow isn't going to be as bad as they think - I'm supposed to do MCO --> JFK tomorrow at 1. I'm totally fine with a delay, and incoming flight is from DC, so...maybe it'll just be REALLY delayed? Here's hoping, I really really can't leave tonight and need to be in the city Thursday if at all possible.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Valmiki
I moved my 5:30pm flight tomorrow from JFK to LAx to 10AM, what are the odds of this t0AM flight leaving?. I am concerned that all might be shiutdown some time tomorrow and hope that 10AM is still safe.
NWS calls for wintry precipitation to start around 4am in NYC but the worst is supposed to come in the PM. I'd feel pretty good about a 10am. The only wild card is that is supposed to start out as a wintry mix with a potential coating of ice before changing to all snow. Still a 10am has decent odds I'd guess.

Proactive cancelations have started. Jetblue has already scrapped nearly 40% of their systemwide flights for tomorrow. AA only shows 49 cancelations so far but Republic (some of which may or may not reflect American Eagle flying) has 141. PHL 117 cancellations across all airlines, or 29% of the airport's departures so undoubtedly there's some AA/AE flying in that mix.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I'm booked on AA85 JFK-SFO tomorrow, which seems to be at the tail end of JFK getting a big bucket of snow.

Moving this flight to the next day seems the better part of valor as I can absorb the change in my itinerary without missing any meetings. But I'm wondering if I'm being too safety-concious.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by jerub
I'm booked on AA85 JFK-SFO tomorrow, which seems to be at the tail end of JFK getting a big bucket of snow.

Moving this flight to the next day seems the better part of valor as I can absorb the change in my itinerary without missing any meetings. But I'm wondering if I'm being too safety-concious.
If this storm turns out as forecasted right now (always possible that it will change direction / fizzle some) that's definitely going to be during the peak.

If you do move to Thursday, I'd avoid anything in the early part of the morning as I'm not sure AA will RON any planes Wednesday night with the storm going until at least midnight. (I could be wrong though).
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:00 pm

Surprised my flight hasn't been cancelled yet, due to arrive in Boston tomorrow at 4:30.

I don't mind it if I'm snowbound in the hotel, but I'd hate to divert and spend a day or two in no-where's ville. Am I a dope for not just giving up - it's a seminar where I'm meeting up with some friends, but it's not like I must go. It's nice here in SoCal.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:23 pm

Refund options in case of delay/cancellation

I'm supposed to be on AA 45 CDG-JFK tomorrow morning (3/21) scheduled to land at 12:45 pm. It's a nonrefundable ticket and I may be interested in not taking the flight.

1. What are the odds it gets cancelled?
2. This was the return leg of a roundtrip ticket. If the flight gets cancelled, will AA give me a refund of the entire fare for the return leg without repricing my outbound as a one-way and then subtracting that from the total round-trip fare?
3. AA's customer service commitment also mentions a refund in case of a "major" delay. How delayed does it need to be to be "major"? Is there a point where it's not "major" enough for a refund but sufficiently major to give carte blanche for date changes (e.g. telling them I want to fly out on it in a year)?
4. I saw that they're letting customers switch dates for free to leave as late as 3/25. In this case, do they also waive the requirement of cancelling prior to departure in order to preserve the value of the ticket, i.e. can I call to make the change after the flight departs?

Last edited by yonatan; Mar 20, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:44 pm

Looks like AA has canceled nearly every departure after ~10:30am tomorrow out of LGA and JFK. Some pre-10:30am departures also canceled. Even the JFK-LHR flights are canceled.

The only exception (for now) that I see is JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO which have no cancelations for the day yet.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
Looks like AA has canceled nearly every departure after ~10:30am tomorrow out of LGA and JFK. Some pre-10:30am departures also canceled. Even the JFK-LHR flights are canceled.

The only exception (for now) that I see is JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO which have no cancelations for the day yet.
Thanks. Where did you get that info, aa.com?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
A bunch of SFO/LAX and LAX/SFO flights cancelled this evening. Got rebooked onto a 9XXX 32B ferry flight a few hours after original departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.