Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Special LAS-NRT flights during CES

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:07 am
Original Poster

AA Special LAS-NRT flights during CES

During CES (Consumer Electronics Show) 2019 AA just announced that their daily ORD-NRT trip will include a stop in LAS, effectively making it a nonstop LAS-NRT and a one-stop ORD-NRT (JL will continue flying nonstop between ORD and NRT). That's about 10 flights each way, between 4 and 14 January, 2019.

Here's the schedule for the curious:

Depart LAS: 1125, arrive NRT: 1625 (next day)
Depart NRT: 18:25, arrive LAS: 1140

Cool to see them do this.

Here's the press release: Press Release
allset2travel likes this.

Last edited by dfw88; Aug 2, 2018 at 11:30 am
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Seems to imply the flight will still originate/terminate in ORD with a stop in LAS
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Seems to imply the flight will still originate/terminate in ORD with a stop in LAS
You're right; it does seem to imply that. I must've skipped that line the first time through. I'll correct the original.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:11 pm

DELTA has had CES LAS special flights for a while now, actually flew one a re-route when my flight to LAX went mechanical and the agent re-routed via LAS.

Interesting AA is getting into the game.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Real “innovation” and just copying what Delta has been doing for years......yawn.
kar don likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
If the ticket you purchase is for NRT-ORD I don’t understand how this works with the stop in LAS. Do people just get off in LAS and abandon the last leg?

Or are they going to allocate and market specific seat availability for just the NRT-LAS leg (and vice versa)?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
If the ticket you purchase is for NRT-ORD I don’t understand how this works with the stop in LAS. Do people just get off in LAS and abandon the last leg?

Or are they going to allocate and market specific seat availability for just the NRT-LAS leg (and vice versa)?
Of course they are going to market just the NRT-LAS leg - that’s the point of it!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

Of course they are going to market just the NRT-LAS leg - that’s the point of it!
The press release just wasn’t very clear on that.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Real “innovation” and just copying what Delta has been doing for years......yawn.
So your position is that AA should never offer a service improvement if any other airline has ever offered something similar? How bizarre.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by rjw242
So your position is that AA should never offer a service improvement if any other airline has ever offered something similar? How bizarre.
🙄
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Found this thread since I got an alert from AA today, informing me that I was rescheduled to this flight. My original NRT-ORD flight would have left NRT at 18:15 and arrived in ORD at 13:10. With the LAS layover, its adding about 6hrs to travel time. For the LAS portion, arrival is 11:40 and onward departure to ORD is 13:55. One thing I noticed is that they'll be charging for meals on the LAS-ORD portion. For the more knowledgeable posters, am I correct to assume customs and immigration will be done in LAS for those going to ORD? Its been ages since I've done the whole get off/get back on the plane for intl flights.

Last edited by Gradfly; Aug 12, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
This constitutes a major schedule change.
Call and ask to be put on the JAL non stop flight. Shouldn’t be an issue
IndyHoosier, JonNYC and GWFan like this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
But, doesn't mean people going to ORD, have to now get off an clear immigration and customs in LAS, then get to pass through security again before finishing their journey?
It sounds like the NRT-ORD people got screwed
MarkOK likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:49 am

Perhaps, but since international arrivals in ORD go to T5, if no one is allowed on in LAS it may be allowed to continue as an "international" flight and still dump everyone into US Customs/Immigration in Chicago.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by MIAFlyer
Perhaps, but since international arrivals in ORD go to T5, if no one is allowed on in LAS it may be allowed to continue as an "international" flight and still dump everyone into US Customs/Immigration in Chicago.
AA is selling tickets for LAS-ORD AA 186 (788) portion alone, which implies that all passengers will clear customs and immigration at LAS. If ORD bound passengers do not clear CIQ at LAS then AA will not able to carry and sell tickets for domestic only LAS-ORD portion passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.