FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   No MIA Loung Access w/ Flight to Dominican Rep??? (Where to Spend 3 Hours at MIA?) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1922348-no-mia-loung-access-w-flight-dominican-rep-where-spend-3-hours-mia.html)

EQDsSUCK Jul 29, 2018 7:46 am

No MIA Loung Access w/ Flight to Dominican Rep??? (Where to Spend 3 Hours at MIA?)

Apparently, a first class ticket on AA to the Dominican Republic doesn't get you Lounge access. I guess I'm used to flying to Central America, which DOES get you lounge access.

I'll be in MIA for 3 hours this afternoon. Does anyone have any idea on best non-lounge places to hang out in the MIA airport?

Thanks!

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Jul 29, 2018 8:09 am

Other than one of the bars places are limited. You could head over to the High E Gates which don’t get used much during the day for a quiet area. If you don’t have a monthly WiFi or cellular unlimited plan free WiFi is only good for about 45 minutes.

jcatman Jul 29, 2018 8:53 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 30024493)
Other than one of the bars places are limited. You could head over to the High E Gates which don’t get used much during the day for a quiet area. If you don’t have a monthly WiFi or cellular unlimited plan free WiFi is only good for about 45 minutes.

The E gates is the area that first came to mind, and I can't think of another alternative at that crazy airport.

ESpen36 Jul 29, 2018 8:59 am

AA considers the Caribbean to be part of "North America" for lounge access purposes, so lounges are not available when traveling to/from/through the Caribbean. However, Central America is considered "international," so lounge access is available on those itineraries.

If you are a frequent traveler, you might consider an Admirals Club membership. It is well worth it, in my opinion.

georgeroads Jul 29, 2018 9:05 am

Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK (Post 30024431)
Apparently, a first class ticket on AA to the Dominican Republic doesn't get you Lounge access. I guess I'm used to flying to Central America, which DOES get you lounge access.

I'll be in MIA for 3 hours this afternoon. Does anyone have any idea on best non-lounge places to hang out in the MIA airport?

Thanks!

If you have AMEX Platinum, try the Amex lounge.

C46 Jul 29, 2018 9:08 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36 (Post 30024608)
AA considers the Caribbean to be part of "North America" for lounge access purposes, so lounges are not available when traveling to/from/through the Caribbean. However, Central America is considered "international," so lounge access is available on those itineraries.

If you are a frequent traveler, you might consider an Admirals Club membership. It is well worth it, in my opinion.

It's not only AA - even CBP considers Canada/Mexico & the Caribbean as "adjacent territories", which already crossed the travel plans, of many tourists from VWP-countries.

pmblinn Jul 29, 2018 9:12 am

Originally Posted by georgeroads (Post 30024624)
If you have AMEX Platinum, try the Amex lounge.

Or, by extension, any of the Priority Pass lounges/restaurants.

georgeroads Jul 29, 2018 10:05 am

Originally Posted by pmblinn (Post 30024640)
Or, by extension, any of the Priority Pass lounges/restaurants.

Is there priority pass in terminals D or E now?

jcatman Jul 29, 2018 10:10 am

Originally Posted by georgeroads (Post 30024803)
Is there priority pass in terminals D or E now?

Corona Beach House in Terminal D.

pmblinn Jul 29, 2018 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman (Post 30024817)
Corona Beach House in Terminal D.

Air Margaritaville in E too. Won't be confused for fine dining, but you can drink your $28 as well.

HankAAFlyer Jul 29, 2018 2:40 pm

Priority Pass has Viena in Concourse E too. Although, with 3 hours, not sure if the OP will want to exit security to go to Viena or Air Margaritaville. Corona Beach House and Amex Centurion are probably the way to go if the OP has Priority Pass or Amex Plat.

Catbert10 Jul 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Personally, I find the MIA Centurion Lounge anything but relaxing. Good food, good drink, but far from relaxing.

EQDsSUCK Jul 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Thanks for all the ideas!. Flight got in late with a ground stop so not much time anyway!

jcatman Jul 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Catbert10 (Post 30025604)
Personally, I find the MIA Centurion Lounge anything but relaxing. Good food, good drink, but far from relaxing.

One strategy is to eat at the Centurion Lounge, then schlepp over to the D15 Admirals Club to enjoy that renovated lounge.

MAH4546 Jul 30, 2018 2:59 am

Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer (Post 30025594)
Priority Pass has Viena in Concourse E too. Although, with 3 hours, not sure if the OP will want to exit security to go to Viena or Air Margaritaville. Corona Beach House and Amex Centurion are probably the way to go if the OP has Priority Pass or Amex Plat.

D and E are connected. No need to reclear.