Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Elite Qualifying Miles for purchased AA business class

Elite Qualifying Miles for purchased AA business class

Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by card1953
The "funny" thing was that I expected there to be a problem because I could not check in on line, and when I checked in at the counter at SMF the agent said the system kept asking for an upgrade instrument. I said it was purchased business class, not upgraded. She then "went into the back" and used a different computer to bypass the screen asking for an upgrade. Never seen that before.
I had something similar happen at SFO recently (system prompted her to have me pay for an upgrade, even though I was already ticketed in First). The very competent agent disappeared to the back and returned with my boarding pass. We ended up chatting briefly while she documented my record, and after she realized that I (sort of) knew what I was talking about, she admitted it was a Qik vs. Sabre issue. Qik apparently incorrectly prompts them to do things like this at times (not infrequently according to this agent), but more senior agents can sometimes still access Sabre directly and make this type of change.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
AAdvantage CS came through

I received an email from Aadvantage CS today that my DFW-KEF-DFW flights were repposted. I received the correct 2 times EQMs for those flights.
Thanks to everyone for your help.
Spanish likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.