Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Adding Aer lingus flight to AA award ticket (can not be done)

Adding Aer lingus flight to AA award ticket (can not be done)

Old Jul 23, 18, 8:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by alexbellamy View Post
Umm..I get the website to show me award itins with Aer Lingus connections from DUB-LHR.
Certainly not on the AA website. EI are BA partners, not currently AA or oneworld Partners, so you’d have to use Avios to book AA and EI on an award. Aer Lingus is not booksble with AAdvantage miles, full stop.
Old Jul 23, 18, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
Not on aa.com you didn't.

Yep, Aer Lingus is a partner of BA (the two have the same parent company, IAG). BA codeshares on Aer Lingus flights, which is why Google Flights will sometimes show Aer Lingus options when oneworld is checked.

Back to the topic at hand, when is the flight in question?

A sAAver economy ticket to LHR is generally very easy to find. Depending on when it is I'm not sure I'd go through the hassle of an award to DUB with separate paid ticket to LHR. At the very least I would book CLT-DUB-LHR on AA/BA as a single award then just switch to an AA flight straight to LHR when it opens up. There are tons of options from CLT.
trip is on 8/31. there is no saver award to LHR, which i would love. and the paid ticket is $1500..
Old Jul 23, 18, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
I don't think that's going to work if you're starting in the USA, you've only given yourself 45 minutes to clear EU customs and immigration (even though the UK is your destination, you are on a separate ticket so you need to do EU customs first), then get back through airport security. If you can cancel or change that EI ticket still, I would.
Just a quick note here. DUB does have an 'airside' flight connections route which you will be able to use if you print out your BA boarding card. It has a separate and much faster security chanel when compared to Landside connections and a corridor directly to terminal 1 on airside. Much much faster. It is to the left of the customer area when you arrive in terminal 2 before you go through customs (thus avoiding the queues).

Also why make an issue on EU customs, you are still going through EU customs when you arrive in the UK.
Old Jul 23, 18, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jucstransport View Post
Just a quick note here. DUB does have an 'airside' flight connections route which you will be able to use if you print out your BA boarding card. It has a separate and much faster security chanel when compared to Landside connections and a corridor directly to terminal 1 on airside. Much much faster. It is to the left of the customer area when you arrive in terminal 2 before you go through customs (thus avoiding the queues).

Also why make an issue on EU customs, you are still going through EU customs when you arrive in the UK.
so if i'm flying AA from CLT to DUB and then EI from DUB to LHR i dont do customs in DUB? if thats the case i may risk teh 1:45 connection time..
Old Jul 23, 18, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
so if i'm flying AA from CLT to DUB and then EI from DUB to LHR i dont do customs in DUB? if thats the case i may risk teh 1:45 connection time..
Yes, you will be clearing customs in LHR, but unless you have something to declare customs is a non issue. You will have to clear immigration in DUB though, and that is when you have to line up and show your passport.

I don't understand why you don't book BA. You may be screwed in the case of IROPS without the protected connection.
Old Jul 24, 18, 7:31 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
real quick please. Booking AA award flight from clt to dub and want to add a connection to lhr. Can I add a connection on Aer lingus for the same 30k saver award price? Thanks
Perhaps I'm missing something, but it's still not clear to me if you've already ticketed an AA award flight CLT-DUB and now wish to add a DUB-LHR flight to that ticket, or if you are still in the process of looking into award tickets for those routes. If you could clarify where your ticketing stands at this point, it would be easier to offer helpful advice.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: