Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Will AA match? WN offers 2,500 points if TSA Pre-Check is >10 min

Will AA match? WN offers 2,500 points if TSA Pre-Check is >10 min

Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by MrMan
In Oakland WN is offering a 2,500 point voucher if your pre-check TSA line wait is > 10 minutes. With DFW Monday morning Pre-Check lines taking 30+ minutes now, I would love to see AA match. This new redesign of A & C gates with single TSA in middle of each terminal is reaping havoc with Pre-Check advantages on AA at DFW.
There are many things I like about DFW. One of the things I do not like, is the ridiculously small amount of PreCheck availability at one of the world's largest airports. Every security checkpoint should have a PreCheck lane. And what also irks me is that after 7pm, you only have 1 PreCheck lane still open in the ENTIRE airport (Terminal D). And that closes at 9pm. This past Sunday evening I was flying out of A, which only had 1 checkpoint open, PreCheck was already closed, and it took over 30min to get through security with maybe 15-20 in line ahead of me. It was the automated bin checkpoint, and when everyone has to take out all their stuff and put it in separate bins, along with their carry-on being placed in a bin, it takes a stupid amount of time to get through. I was carrying a laptop, tablet, and 5 routers for work. Needless to say, I needed about a baker's dozen bins. I pray everyday that somehow Clear gets put in more terminals.
adunker likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tismfu
CLEAR at DFW A and C would be HUGE. They could
throw in B and D, too, and I wouldnt complain
The second CLEAR comes to D I'll sign up on the spot.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
No. Way.

False equivalence, IMO, not to mention AA has no co troll on TSA.
They do, AA owns line and process up to the point of TSA ID checker
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
AA will wait until DL and UA match. Then they will offer fewer miles for longer pre-check waits, compared to what Southwest is offering. Something like 100 miles if TSA pre-check exceeds 45 minutes. But PR will certainly spin it as some major enhancement.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Even if multiple airlines share the same checkpoint? And, how does owning the process make it faster? TSA decides how many people to assign to precheck
So, TSA is the determining factor in how fast lines are moving
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
They might match it at an airport with the volume of OAK (though I doubt it), but no way DFW.

"up to the point of" means they don't control TSA? That is what was claimed. As the TSA ID checker is the choke point/bottleneck in the process, this distinction seems somewhat irrelevant. An airline can design the heck out of the signs, lines, etc, before the TSA checker. It will make no difference if 500 people arrive in a 15 minute period with a TSA agent checking 5 ID's per minute.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Which means AA have no control over the process, policies, staffing, etc.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I feel that in DFW A - even at it's worst, like a Monday morning with the line to the other end of the ticket counters -- it moves pretty quick.

DFW C is sooo bad though (it has half the capacity of A doesn't it?. Sometimes I'll go through the regular Priority line if it's short enough - I'll print out my BP at home if I know I'm travelling out of C just in case I use the Priority line so that I can at least keep my shoes on and easily show the agent my BP without having to fret about showing the agent the mobile BP and getting the phone to the x-ray.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.