Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SBA>PHX bounced out of 4D by a non rev or friend of non rev?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SBA>PHX bounced out of 4D by a non rev or friend of non rev?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Centurion
It was a non rev pax. They were not a FAM and not disabled.
It's pretty telling that you keep asserting this but dodging the questions about how you know.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
It was a non rev pax. They were not a FAM and not disabled.
At first you said it was a non-rev or a friend of a non-rev. Now it is a non-rev.
How do you know that?
If it is a non-rev, how do you know they do not have a disability? Those 2 are not mutually exclusive
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Navig8R
OK, cool. So email AA about being bounced out of 4D, but as your internet lawyer, I'd advise that you stick to the facts and leave the assumptions (disabilities, FAM, non-revs, etc) to your posts on FlyerTalk.
I too was a fan of Sgt Joe Friday....... just the facts, ma'am
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

I am based in AZ. Take a logical guess how I know and you are probably correct.. . Not sure if company non rev or friend of non rev but they were a non rev.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
I am based in AZ. Take a logical guess how I know and you are probably correct..
Living in Green Valley, getting on in years and not quite all there anymore?
Webogirl likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by 757FO
Never once have I had this happen, either on UA or AA, unless the flight is fairly open, as you said.
This is a confusing post. This has never happened to you, except under the exact same circumstances that dfw88 describes? No one is saying it happens except when flights are fairly open, but that's the point--some flights have plenty of space, in which case nonrevs and other standbys can and do get assigned seats in advance.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by Science Goy
Living in Green Valley, getting on in years and not quite all there anymore?
While I almost spit out my drink there, I am guessing OP means they may work for the company.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by james318
I am guessing OP means they may work for the company.
If he works for the company, he might be very low on the pole in order for him to get bounced out of the seat. To answer OP question, yes, this has occurred in UA and DL as well, this not an AA only issue.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am based in AZ. Take a logical guess how I know and you are probably correct.. . Not sure if company non rev or friend of non rev but they were a non rev.
How do you know they were not disabled?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
OP just contact AA but be very clear with them about what you are moaning about - as in the total opposite of your posts on here - you havn't even clarified who was supposed to be in 4D - was it you or a family member?

I'd leave out any comments about your super power that can determine if someone is disabled or not or a non rev or a friend of a non rev (and all combinations of that including being a disabled friend of a non rev)
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I'm not a fan of posts with limited information parsed out in buts but I'll go out on a limb and assume that OP is accurate that they were non-revs and that OP isn't in a position to make a complaint regarding the issue.

That being said, I have never had my seat reassigned so a non-rev could sit there. If I did (when on a revenue ticket), I would consider making a complaint.

The first row is often blocked for disabled pax or pax with children and even as an EXP, I can't always select the first row in coach.

There are a couple of different issues here (speaking of parsing in bits) ... first, its quite possible AA could have moved people out of row 4 in advance so it was open and the GA just saw two empty seats without any improper motive, Alternatively, if OP"s relative was also a non-rev and sitting alone, it wouldn't surprise me if a GA moved a non-rev sitting alone to a different row so that two non-revs could sit together without any improper motive. The GA may not be aware that row 4 is a great row. And if you're flying non-rev, you gotta roll with it. Just like flying space A on military planes, you could get a KC 10 with aircraft seats or a C-130 with web seats jammed with cargo.

And how to handle ... not much to do other than ask the gate agent. Once on board, there really isn't anything to do. Rev pax can write to AA but one needs to pick their battles on complaints.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:42 pm

!

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
wait a moment while I get my popcorn!
I have my quad Glenlievet ready to go!!!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:22 pm

How is this thread not dead yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.