Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SBA>PHX bounced out of 4D by a non rev or friend of non rev?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SBA>PHX bounced out of 4D by a non rev or friend of non rev?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:21 pm

So you got a new boarding pass before boarding? What makes you believe that it was a non-rev?

Sadly I'm at work and can't join the popcorn/advil/bourbon crowd with my scotch.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Centurion
I am the OP. It was an electronic boarding pass with 4D issued. It was invalidated and a new seat was assigned when I updated the boarding pass. I have a screen shot of the invalidated pass.
Wait...what?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
I'm out of Advil. But I have a screenshot of my empty bottle.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Navig8R
Wait...what?
seriously? he had 4D assigned and when he updated the app he was given another seat
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

What is so hard to understand? I downloaded multiple electronic boarding passes into my wallet. One of the passes was 4D. It was revoked prior to boarding and another seat was assigned
Gino Troian likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I am the OP. It was an electronic boarding pass with 4D issued. It was invalidated and a new seat was assigned when I updated the boarding pass. I have a screen shot of the invalidated pass.
OP- if it is bothering you, why not call and ask AA why the seat assignment changed against your volition? I lost a seat last year just before a flight (my MCE aisle disappeared and was replaced with a middle seat in the back of the plane) and the AAdvantagd agents could see in their system who had changed it, some sort of associated code and the time of the change...
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
What is so hard to understand? I downloaded multiple electronic boarding passes into my wallet. One of the passes was 4D. It was revoked prior to boarding and another seat was assigned
This is an extremely important detail that you left out of your OP. The airline has the right to change your seat assignment due to operational necessity. In your case, it wouldn't surprise me if this was a FAM situation.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:55 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
This is an extremely important detail that you left out of your OP. The airline has the right to change your seat assignment due to operational necessity. In your case, it wouldn't surprise me if this was a FAM situation.
I assumed young couple in 4DF was assigned to sit there after OP has checked in; if they were squatters the issue becomes one of eviction.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
"I see a young couple in 4DF that clearly are not disabled."

Do you think it is possible to determine this simply by seeing someone sitting in a seat?
DCAstudent and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Reasons that you could've lost a 4D seat assignment that don't include anyone being a non-rev

1. Couple were separated and asked GA for seats together. GA bumped you out of 4D to give them seats together (not that I agree with this if this was the reason).

2. 4D is a bulkhead seat. One of the two in the young couple were disabled and you were bumped to accommodate their disability (yes I know there's nothing in your OP about this, but not all disabilities are visible and being young doesn't preclude them).

3. 4D was reported as broken, moving you out of that seat. By boarding time it was fixed and so someone else was assigned to it.

No matter what, if you are that upset about it, write in and say you were unhappy you were reassigned from 4D, but I would leave out the speculation that it was for a non-rev. If there really was something nefarious, like it going to a non-rev, whoever is looking at your complaint will see the reason in the system without you having to add your two cents.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
seriously? he had 4D assigned and when he updated the app he was given another seat
The confusion is why was this little nugget of information not included in his original post? It's a much more useful data point vs. assuming the person seated in 4D is definitely non-revving and not disabled.
JonNYC, mvoight, TWA884 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Navig8R
The confusion is why was this little nugget of information not included in his original post? It's a much more useful data point vs. assuming the person seated in 4D is definitely non-revving and not disabled.
Exactly. When I read the original post I got
1. Family member had 4D
2. When boarding OP saw someone in 4D who did not appear to be disabled (as if all disabilities can be determine by looking at someone seated in an airline seat
3. OP some how decided they were non-revs, but didn't say how this was determined
4. No mention regarding family member's BP had changed
Navig8R likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

It was a non rev pax. They were not a FAM and not disabled.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
What everyone here wants to know is ... how do you know?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:55 pm

OK, cool. So email AA about being bounced out of 4D, but as your internet lawyer, I'd advise that you stick to the facts and leave the assumptions (disabilities, FAM, non-revs, etc) to your posts on FlyerTalk.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.