Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rebooked onto United, Mileage Earning Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA MM, Hilton Honors Diamond

Hi everyone, I did a quick search and couldn’t find an answer.

Unfortunately, Friday the 13th is not being kind to me so far. I was due to fly on AA 1258 DFW-ORD in paid first today. I’m not sure what happened (told it wasn’t weather though) but the flight was cancelled. I called the EXP desk early this morning and was given only a small handful of options to rebook (all nonstops both coach and first were sold out at the time; probably due to 1258 being a 787 with 220+ people needing to be reaccomodated). I was eventually booked onto AA flights from DFW to Pittsburgh then to Chicago. About 20 minutes after rebooking, I got a notification that the flight to PIT was delayed and I would misconnect to Chicago. I called the EXP desk again and after some back and forth with the agent and approval from a supervisor, I was luckily moved to a nonstop United flight from DFW to ORD in first. The EXP agent then told me to call AAdvantage customer service after I take the flight to request the original mileage that would’ve been due had 1258 not cancelled.

My question is, if I enter my United Mileage Plus number on this new flight via the United website in order to get my precheck info into the system as well as earn United miles on that account, will AAdvantage see this and refuse to credit me the original routing mileage? After all the hassle and inconvenience, it’d be nice to earn miles on my UA account and then get credited my original AAdvantage miles. Does AA even know if I enter my Mileage Plus number? Thanks in advanced.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:09 am

FAQ: Involuntary Reroute and Original Routing Credit (ORC) (master thd)
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AA MM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Thank you; I missed that. Mods please delete this thread.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We won’t delete the thread, but with the referral link to the proper thread we will close it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.