FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Is the Oasis / MAX lavatory Air Carrier Access Act / ACA compliant? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1919254-oasis-max-lavatory-air-carrier-access-act-aca-compliant.html)

enviroian Apr 9, 2021 9:11 am

Originally Posted by CLT (Post 33164553)
AA added a feature to the water spigot to cut down on the spray effect.

This plane must haven't gotten it yet. As careful as I was water was all over the door and floor. I then had to wipe it down.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Apr 9, 2021 9:16 am

Yes the size of that lav is out control. God help the person that would need to go "number 2." I usually see lots of "liquid" on that lav floor and I try not to think what the composite of that "liquid" might be.

Another reason to upfare on the Oasis a/c, or pray for an upgrade. At least the F lav is a bit bigger and usually less used.

aamilesslave Apr 9, 2021 10:06 am

Originally Posted by GunsOfNavarone (Post 33164583)
AA just wants to give fliers of its 737 MAX the same experience they get at their CLT terminal latrines..... At least only one person can use the latrine at a time on the 737 MAX so nobody can urinate on your shoes, which can easily happen at a urinal at CLT from the guy shoulder to shoulder next to you.

So you're saying that AA is introducing the creepy/uncomfortable bathroom attendant like they have at CLT? Oh great....

formeraa Apr 9, 2021 10:16 am

Originally Posted by aamilesslave (Post 33164985)
So you're saying that AA is introducing the creepy/uncomfortable bathroom attendant like they have at CLT? Oh great....

LOL. Another reason to avoid CLT. Thankfully, I'm only average height and have lost 50 pounds -- so I can fit in the Oasis lav. We may need Project Nome to fix this issue.;)

slpybear Apr 9, 2021 11:29 am

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 33164853)
I miss the MD-80!

Ahh! The Good ol' days of endless DFW-SJC, DFW-SFO trips on Mad Dogs, racking up miles and working Silicon Valley. And the best hotel staff ever at the Fremont Marriott. Good times...

Sorry for the sudden nostalgia trip!

fastflyer Apr 9, 2021 11:34 am

Originally Posted by GunsOfNavarone (Post 33164583)
AA just wants to give fliers of its 737 MAX the same experience they get at their CLT terminal latrines..... At least only one person can use the latrine at a time on the 737 MAX so nobody can urinate on your shoes, which can easily happen at a urinal at CLT from the guy shoulder to shoulder next to you.

This is sad. They just rebuilt their terminals at CLT.

In the B Admirals Club at CLT, the entire sink slab (one piece) in the men's room is installed backward. I was actually there a few hours after install and pointed it out to the dude, but he didn't speak English. (And he had fitted the faucets by then, so I guess it was a moot point). This is why you have to lean about a foot further to get to the lavatory in the B club compared to the C club.

sfozrhfco Apr 9, 2021 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 33164855)
This plane must haven't gotten it yet. As careful as I was water was all over the door and floor. I then had to wipe it down.

You missed the marketing about AA being the only airline offering showers in coach? :)

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Apr 9, 2021 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco (Post 33165617)
You missed the marketing about AA being the only airline offering showers in coach? :)

Since you can no longer get one at the AC.

bl-ord Apr 10, 2021 8:15 am

Just another example of the people who decide what to buy never have to use the things they buy.

footballfanatic Apr 11, 2021 5:50 am

Originally Posted by DCP2016 (Post 29964545)
If you look inside an AA MAX 8, there is not much differentiating it from the inside of a Spirit/Frontier/Allegiant aircraft. In fact, service might be better on the latter as well.

at least expectations are the same. Buying a big front seat and bringing your own food from your favorite terminal restaurant seems equivalent now. Only issue is irrops.

CLT Apr 11, 2021 6:33 am

Originally Posted by formeraa (Post 33165016)
LOL. Another reason to avoid CLT. Thankfully, I'm only average height and have lost 50 pounds -- so I can fit in the Oasis lav. We may need Project Nome to fix this issue.;)

CLT discontinued the bathroom attendant program several years ago.