Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What do Admirals Club agents see on the screen when checking us in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive

When Admirals Club agents check us in (by swiping a Citi credit card, Admirals Club card or otherwise), what appears on their computer screens about us?

I've had a few very kind AC agents in Charlotte mention, "Oh, I haven't seen you in a while" (and then thanking me, by name, when I leave). I guess that they're just nice people with great memories (we need more people like that in the world, seriously), but does something like the date of our last visit to that particular AC appear?

Thanks.
E55 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:22 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they saw a complete profile, including airline status, AC visits, recent/upcoming reservations, annual spend etc...
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Probably also your picture so some random dude isnt using your Admirals Club card (for those who still have them).
AANYC1981 and brewdog11 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Evidently, I was the last person on the planet to know that you can show your mobile boarding pass to gain entry. I learned that this week.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I still use my AC card when I am not traveling on AA. You can also provide your FF# but its much quicker for them to just swipe your card.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Probably also your picture so some random dude isnt using your Admirals Club card (for those who still have them).
do they have your picture for an Admirals Club membership?

I enter by status and BP whenever I do and they dont have a picture of me, IIRC.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Antarius

I enter by status and BP whenever I do and they dont have a picture of me, IIRC.
AA did take a picture, in my case years ago. A few months back, I now recall the AC GA saying "oh, you're wearing the same scarf". Indeed, the red scarf I had on was the same I wore in the AA AC picture. So, there's some evidence that the GA likely still sees the picture if you took one.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Antarius

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
AA did take a picture, in my case years ago. A few months back, I now recall the AC GA saying "oh, you're wearing the same scarf". Indeed, the red scarf I had on was the same I wore in the AA AC picture. So, there's some evidence that the GA likely still sees the picture if you took one.
The photos were supposed to take the place of having to provide a photo ID (still a requirement but rarely enforced) for admittance. I had the photo taken years ago. I just provide my Citi AAdvantage Executive card for admittance.
jcatman likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
AA does not ask for your photo upon joining anymore. I use my boarding pass. It's easier and more accessible than my card. Upon leaving the CLT AC tonight I asked what information they could see. I was told just my flight info when showing a BP. I'm sure everything is there, they just don't want me to know they know.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by controller1
The photos were supposed to take the place of having to provide a photo ID (still a requirement but rarely enforced) for admittance. I had the photo taken years ago. I just provide my Citi AAdvantage Executive card for admittance.
Thanks for the info
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Smile

AA took my picture a few years ago (maybe longer?) at the DFW C club. It was all part of an initiative to stop using a photo IDs. Lots of times I get this strange double take from agents checking me in. I don't know if I look really bad , or the picture is really bad, or both, just bad in a different way.
CHOPCHOP767, Antarius and Zacnlinc like this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
ORD-H/K asked to take my picture a few years ago because my license still had my original CA ID pic from when I was 23, and let's just say my hairstyle had changed a little the older I got
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I visited DFW B last week, and after giving the agent my Citi MC, she asked if she could use my driver's license to input some more info into the system, as they are about to roll out mobile AC access... where you just check in on the way into the club and skip the desk.

^
jhartvu and Zacnlinc like this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
How is mobile access supposed to work? Is this like the United Gates, whereby you can at the gate and it opens? Haven't seen anything on this; but this could be be great.

Honestly, I'm tired of waiting in line to access; CLT is especially bad.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
How is mobile access supposed to work? Is this like the United Gates, whereby you can at the gate and it opens? Haven't seen anything on this; but this could be be great.

Honestly, I'm tired of waiting in line to access; CLT is especially bad.
The agent made it sound like you just check-in on the AA app, walk through the door and wave at them with a smile. That's it.

I am wondering if it's connected to having a pic on file, which is why she took my driver's license and added some info to the system (presumably my picture).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.