Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

USA-Europe First Class: AA vs UA vs DeltaOne

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond

Which is better to/from Europe in F? AA or UA (or DeltoneOne)?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
In F, AA is your only choice now that UA is no longer selling F. If you are comparing business class, then it would probably depend on the route and the plane.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96
In F, AA is your only choice now that UA is no longer selling F. If you are comparing business class, then it would probably depend on the route and the plane.
And only (most) of the US-LHR have a first class cabin. Any other city, it's business only.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:17 pm

If you’re looking at F, why not simply book a codeshare (AA on BA metal or UA on LH or LX metal)... ultimately it depends where in Europe in terms of connections, but those carriers will be miles ahead of the US options in my opinion (yes including BA, which I know a lot of people tend to slam).

But since you mentioned DL (J being their most premium cabin), then I’d say “generally” AA in J would be better (unless it’s a 767 or 757)... with that said though, again, you could do a codeshare which would open many other possibilities for J.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:27 pm

LH, LX, AF, SQ (JFK-FRA) are your better options if you're looking for good first product to Europe. BA and AA do have an F product, but neither is outstanding. UA and DL do not offer F.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by okrogius
LH, LX, AF, SQ (JFK-FRA) are your better options if you're looking for good first product to Europe. BA and AA do have an F product, but neither is outstanding. UA and DL do not offer F.
Doesn't UA fly F from IAD-CDG?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like they still do, but I don’t know for how much longer.

Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ijgordon

So is this some sort of special high brow international Polaris first class service that's much better than AA?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon

The first class cabin still exists on some planes but as of last month UA no longer sells international F.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nologic
So is this some sort of special high brow international Polaris first class service that's much better than AA?
I don’t think UA F service was ever better than AA F, and they no longer sell it as they are getting rid of that cabin on all those planes.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

They are selling it as F, at least through mid August .So, I would think this would be a statement price for UA, and uber-premium wine/champagne culinary experience with fine 1st class (even better than Biz class) Polaris linens.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
They are selling it as F, at least through mid August .So, I would think this would be a statement price for UA, and uber-premium wine/champagne culinary experience with fine 1st class (even better than Biz class) Polaris linens.
Lol you must not know UA..... No "uber-premium wine/champagne" to be found there.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:42 pm
Suspended

If you have options in cash or mileage to fly F to Europe you would be much better off with LH, LX, AF or SQ in terms of hard and soft product.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Even if you booked F, you should be prepared for the possible equipment swap taking you to Business Class.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96

The first class cabin still exists on some planes but as of last month UA no longer sells international F.
If they weren't selling, it ExpertFlyer wouldn't show availability in the F/A inventory buckets. You can also verify on UA.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.