Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice needed - assault on AA flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:57 pm

Im starting to think there is no "friend". That with all this intimate knowledge of what "the friend" was thinking that the OP posted, that the OP is the guy who experienced all this.

"Asking for a friend..."
JBauer and donotblink like this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Im starting to think there is no "friend". That with all this intimate knowledge of what "the friend" was thinking that the OP posted, that the OP is the guy who experienced all this.

"Asking for a friend..."
No I am not the person who is the subject of my request for advice.

Perhaps you have no close friends which might be why you cannot relate to friends sharing incidents and asking for advice.

I keep in telephone contact with my friend and we text message and e-mail often. This is how I know so many details of the incident.

Your bigoted post effectively calls me a liar. That surely violates the terms of flyertalk. We will see.

It is a common fact that comments like what you wrote are referred to as trolling.

The poster prior to you had an excellent thought about the thread getting closed because it has run its course. I should have contacted a moderator then to have the thread closed. If I had, your biased comment would not have made it to this thread.

Nonetheless, your feelings about old people come across loud and clear.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
That is quite a fictional theory you created and posted to this forum.

You brought up your theory without accurately reading the facts that I presented in this thread. Instead, without any basis, you suggested that my friend is senile and should see a doctor.

Incredible!

You do not know my friend. I do. He is not senile.

In my post, I wrote that he still works part-time. He does not have to work. His clientele continue to encourage him from total retirement. He still has upper class clients who can afford to hire anyone they choose. They choose to retain my friend.

Do you regard all senior citizens as senile merely because they are old and get assaulted on an airplane?

Based on your use of selected pieces of information posted to this thread, you rewrote what was written and discounted my friend as senile.

Clint Eastwood is age 88 years old. He still writes and directs movies - does he fit your classification of senile?

Angela Lansbury is age 92 - She still does cameo roles. Does she fit your classification of senility?

I could list countless numbers of productive old people but I think you would not be swayed with facts.

You wrote that my friend has a - "sense of persecution and the irrational fear of being stranded in a foreign country - "

Where in the world did you get that? He was not persecuted and I never said he was.

Clearly, based on what was presented, he was intentionally elbowed by a bully on his flight as he tried to pass the bully in the aisle. You defined this incident as persecution?

Most people will agree it is an illogical leap to say he has a "sense of persecution" over the real life event of getting elbowed on an aircraft.

My friend did not want the inconvenience if AA canceled his return flight. My friend thought of this possibility after the flight attendant approached the bully and the bully began shouting denials over what he did to my friend.

My friend was concerned if he got involved in the bully's shouting, he and the bully could be removed from the flight and his return ticket could be canceled. I find that a very logical concern.

If you read travel blogs, there are countless reported instances of passengers being removed and/or denied boarding over disturbances aboard aircraft.

You further wrote that my friend would feel "stranded."

That is also false.

No, my friend would not be stranded. He would be inconvenienced if AA decided to cancel his return flight over the disturbance of the loud shouting by the bully.

However, my friend would simply purchase a ticket on another airline, if needed.

He would not be stranded. My goodness, your imagination is out of control.

A lot of good advice was posted here. Also many not-so-good responses were posted. Your response is insulting and is pure fiction not previously shown in any post.

When you began your post you wrote "Well, I am going to suggest something that I am surprised nobody else has thus far."

The reason no body else suggested your theory is because is contradicts logic and is contrary with the facts presented in this thread.
I don't think it's fair to assume that anyone in this thread, including the OP knows what actually happened. Often first hand accounts on FlyerTalk (or other internet forums) are at least slightly inaccurate, because of people seeing things from their perspective only.

Even if the OP's friend's memory is very sharp, being caned up in a tube for several hours can make anyone, even young people, a little delirious. I think the OP's characterization of the subject as a "bully" seems like, at best, an odd choice of vocabulary. Even if the subject did in fact elbow the OP's friend, they may have done so being delirious from flying and not because they were being malicious.

I think the OP's attacks on anyone who presents any point of view that doesn't support the OP's narrative doesn't cast the OP in the best light, and doesn't support the idea that the OP is in fact seeking advice here on FlyerTalk.

The best outcome that the OP could have hoped for from American Airlines would have been two things, AA making the subject of the alleged attack put on AA's individual no fly list (not a government no fly list) and a law enforcement referral. Since the OP's friend declined to pursue escalating the matter with the FA during the OP's friend has lost any possibility of AA pursuing either of these actions.

I don't have any particularly negative views of the OP other than their attacks on other flyer talkers. I think it's unfortunate that the OP came here "seeking advice" but chose to be so close-minded.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Entirely too much personal accusatory and personalized post content. This thread has unraveled into multiplevtepetituons if what was dead and how: it will rest.

OP, your friend needs to determine who has jurisdiction over the allegations and if there’s probable cause to proceed in that jurisdiction. That’s not what we deal with on FlyerTalk.

CHOPCHOP767 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.