FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Best club at DFW? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1918505-best-club-dfw.html)

pkerr Jul 6, 2018 7:54 am

Best club at DFW?

There now. Where should I go ?

bse118 Jul 6, 2018 8:10 am

The one closest to the gate for your departing flight.

colpuck Jul 6, 2018 8:11 am

Cent lounge

enviroian Jul 6, 2018 8:14 am

new AC in A is the nicest.

pkerr Jul 6, 2018 8:15 am

Ok. Which admirals club? A is pretty nice. Just redone they tell me.

enviroian Jul 6, 2018 8:16 am

Originally Posted by pkerr (Post 29944420)
Ok. Which admirals club? A is pretty nice. Just redone they tell me.

see above

Buffaloflyer Jul 6, 2018 8:38 am

Originally Posted by colpuck (Post 29944403)
Cent lounge

Besides being crowded it's better than any AC, bar none.

asf-07 Jul 6, 2018 8:39 am

No Admirals club in the airport is worth a terminal transfer if the terminal you're in already has a club (with the exception of maybe avoiding the tiny club in B if it's crowded).

Assuming you're already in the same terminal you're departing from...
- If you are in A, go to the A club.
- If you are in B (low gates), just go to the B club.
- If you are in B (high gates), go to the A club if you have plenty of time.
- If you are in C, go to the C club.
- If you are in D, just find a bar.
- If you are in E, I'm sorry.

jcatman Jul 6, 2018 9:09 am

Originally Posted by asf-07 (Post 29944510)
No Admirals club in the airport is worth a terminal transfer if the terminal you're in already has a club (with the exception of maybe avoiding the tiny club in B if it's crowded).

That sums it up nicely....

thunderlounge Jul 6, 2018 9:12 am

This made me snort a bit. One of those times something hits you just right. :D

pkerr Jul 6, 2018 9:24 am

I’ve got 4 hours so I just may go “lounge shopping”

jcatman Jul 6, 2018 9:30 am

Originally Posted by pkerr (Post 29944673)
I’ve got 4 hours so I just may go “lounge shopping”

It's 10:30am in DFW? I'd schlepp over to Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen at gate A25 and have a fantastic meal.

You've got four hours. :)

MorganB Jul 6, 2018 10:35 am

None of them are really nice except for the new one in A. The rest feel like a 1990s marriot in my opinion. If you have Centurion access then its nice but can be crowded and food selection has gone down hill a bit.

hotturnip Jul 6, 2018 11:40 am

I was in that Centurion recently. It was absolutely packed. It's also kind of long and narrow, making it that much harder to maneuver. If it hadn't been so busy (and it got even worse after I arrived), I suppose it would have been pretty nice.

MarkOK Jul 6, 2018 12:04 pm

Sure, A is new, but too shiny/bright and open IMO. Fine for a typical short visit but after 30 minutes there, I feel like I am just in a mall atrium.

B is kind of cramped, and has few working electrical outlets. But, for some reason if I was to sit at the bar, the coziness of B is preferred to the alternatives.

I suppose I am in the minority, but given the three ACs right now, I find C the most comfortable if I was stuck at DFW for an extended period of time. Typically, it is easy to find a quiet area (except near the bar), and the light is subdued.

anniegray Jul 6, 2018 12:25 pm

Going there in December. Hope they are better than the lounges in Houston! Even BA first class is poor there

lhrhappy Jul 6, 2018 1:24 pm

The bar at the Hyatt Regency is the best club.

MarkOK Jul 6, 2018 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy (Post 29945443)
The bar at the Hyatt Regency is the best club.

Well, if we are going landside, I'd hit up the Grand Hyatt's 'living room' bar/food service.

dayone Jul 6, 2018 3:54 pm

I avoid D in the mid-afternoon to early evening due to traffic count and the associated noise.

gmt4 Jul 6, 2018 4:04 pm

D has the PP lounges and Centurion as options, E has a United Club and Delta Sky Club. Both clubs in E are on par with or better than AA clubs. Clubs in E are far less crowded and offer a break from the lame cheese cubes, stale cookies, and low rent trail mix stuff the AA clubs pass off as food.

enviroian Jul 6, 2018 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by gmt4 (Post 29945867)
break from the lame cheese cubes, stale cookies, and low rent trail mix stuff the AA clubs pass off as food.

I'm certainly no AA apologist but you are dead wrong. AA has fresh guac stations now, hot mexican food buffet items, two soups, salads and mini sandwiches.

PlatinumScum Jul 6, 2018 4:39 pm

You should abolutely hit the "Premium" lounge in D, if possible, just to truly understand how AA defines that word.

robertablake Jul 7, 2018 6:25 am

Originally Posted by PlatinumScum (Post 29945950)
You should abolutely hit the "Premium" lounge in D, if possible, just to truly understand how AA defines that word.

😁

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Jul 7, 2018 2:00 pm

Now that D is closed for renovations I'd say just go to the AC closest to your gate.

MichaelKade Jul 7, 2018 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 29945927)
I'm certainly no AA apologist but you are dead wrong. AA has fresh guac stations now, hot mexican food buffet items, two soups, salads and mini sandwiches.

where/when? I ask sincerely as I’d love that.

Been in ATL, DFW, MCO, MIA, and PHX lounges this week and so far only thing off that list I’ve seen is the guacamole station.

enviroian Jul 7, 2018 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelKade (Post 29948864)

Been in ATL, DFW, MCO, MIA, and PHX lounges this week and so far only thing off that list I’ve seen is the guacamole station.

I was at ORD C two weeks ago and they had tortillas, a skillet of ground cooked beef, and bowls of all the fixins'.

controller1 Jul 7, 2018 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelKade (Post 29948864)

I was at DFW - A on Monday around 6:30 p.m. and they had two soups available.

AlwaysOnTheRoad Jul 7, 2018 8:58 pm

Food at Centurion has definitely gone downhill. Especially breakfast although the fresh fruit, e.g. blackberries, are good. This week, the dire institutional scrambled eggs.

jcatman Jul 7, 2018 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad (Post 29949201)
Food at Centurion has definitely gone downhill. Especially breakfast although the fresh fruit, e.g. blackberries, are good. This week, the dire institutional scrambled eggs.

Seriously? Any french toast? Greek yogurt? Quiche? Bacon?

What's going on in that lounge?

ikwia Jul 8, 2018 1:25 am

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 29945927)
AA has...hot mexican food buffet items...and mini sandwiches.

Where/when does one find these items at DFW?

enviroian Jul 8, 2018 6:32 am

Originally Posted by controller1 (Post 29949198)
I was at DFW - A on Monday around 6:30 p.m. and they had two soups available.

correction it was PHX low A concourse.

anaggie Jul 8, 2018 9:20 am

If I have more than two hours available, I always hit up the pappadeux seafood in A and then relax in the AC nearby. With the skylink, I can make it to any gate in 15 mins or less.

westtexas Jul 8, 2018 10:08 am

Originally Posted by pkerr (Post 29944353)
There now. Where should I go ?

Generally, I just go to whatever club is closest to my gate. That means that I spend a lot of time in the Terminal B club, for which I have a soft spot. However, if you have time to kill and are through DFW a lot it is worth investing in an American Express Platinum so you can have access to the Centurion Lounge in Terminal D. If you only want Admiral's Clubs and have time, I also like
. It has a room past the bar in which I have never seen another person. I like the quiet.

jcatman Jul 8, 2018 10:56 am

Originally Posted by westtexas (Post 29950664)
Generally, I just go to whatever club is closest to my gate. That means that I spend a lot of time in the Terminal B club, for which I have a soft spot. However, if you have time to kill and are through DFW a lot it is worth investing in an American Express Platinum so you can have access to the Centurion Lounge in Terminal D. If you only want Admiral's Clubs and have time, I also like the one in Terminal D. It has a room past the bar in which I have never seen another person. I like the quiet.

What was the purpose of posting that video of the now-closed Admiral's Club in Terminal D at DFW?