Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Current LIM / Lima Chavez Intl. Airport lounge status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current LIM / Lima Chavez Intl. Airport lounge status

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by dkc192
For avoidance of doubt, the brown recliners you're talking about are no more as of last year. The only planes that are capable of flying LIM-MIA and do not have flat beds are based almost exclusively in PHX (LUS 757s), operating PHX-Hawaii and occasional other domestic flights out of there. All LAA 757s (the ones based in MIA) have flat beds.
I know. My point was that AT LEAST you always get lie-flat on LIM-MIA now, which is an IMPROVEMENT over the past experience.

AA would go back to recliners on LIM-MIA any day if they could, IMO, as it is a route they don't have a particular interest in offering a competitive J product. (very few paid J customers and mostly non-revs and upgraders?)
Doesn't the 738 MAX have enough range to cover that route? One day...
MIA-BOG was (is?) on 319s at one point.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there at least a second service prior to landing (fruit and cheese or something)? I am going to be starving halfway through the flight. All that for a $4700 ticket!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there at least a second service prior to landing (fruit and cheese or something)? I am going to be starving halfway through the flight. All that for a $4700 ticket!
$4700?? That must be full fare... for September 3 for several months onward, I'm seeing $1233 roundtrip for paid lie-flat business MIA-LIM-MIA, at which price point I wouldn't be expecting much and would be quite happy with the flat bed. Sounds like you are paying for the short-notice booking (or flexibility).
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Just came LIM-LAX today on Latam. The Priority Pass deal in the restaurant at the end of the terminal works great. We had family of 4, 2 of us have Priority Pass, got $108 credit on the bill. Had a very nice lunch owing only the $10 service above the PP credit.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
$4700?? That must be full fare... for September 3 for several months onward, I'm seeing $1233 roundtrip for paid lie-flat business MIA-LIM-MIA, at which price point I wouldn't be expecting much and would be quite happy with the flat bed. Sounds like you are paying for the short-notice booking (or flexibility).
It was NYC-SCL-LIM-NYC. Also, the LIM-MIA flight has a bit more service than was suggested on FT. It is two, one-tray meal services, not just one. One after take off and one before landing. The portions were the same as domestic flights, but amenity kits, printed menus, pre-departure champagne, and full pillows/blankets are provided.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:25 am

Any updates on lounge access for AA business class

Flying tonight LIM to DFW. Looks like there is no lounge access? Very disappointing.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Yes, there is lounge access in LIM when flying in J. I was there yesterday and was quite a pleasant experience.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:51 pm

Total disaster - dreadful experience

As of 4/10/19 the lounge had a very long wait to get in, about 30 minutes. After three hours they ejected me saying that AA only paid them to host me for three hours. I went out and AA agent - contract I think- gave me same three hour story. I explained I’d bought a business class ticket and that got me lounge access. I was kind but firm. The oneworld benefit site explains no three hour limit. I’m also EXP and Admirals member. She phoned a supervisor and gave me a new lounge invitation. Then the long line again. The lounge was extremely packed. It’s the worst lounge expletive had in the oneworld system and nearly 6mm miles.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:25 pm

The Hanaq lounge had what looked about 40 people in line at 9:30pm on Sunday. We skipped the lounge and went right for La Bonbonniere where everything is extremely overpriced and in USD. The food tastes like it has all been re-heated in the microwave and their mixed drinks were very weak. After we headed next door to the Bleriot Bar. Gin & Tonics were done very well and were priced $16-20 USD and fairly strong. They had small bottles of Chandon Rose for $15.

The major issue I see with skipping the Hanaq lounge is the restroom situation. The public restrooms near gate 24 where the Priority Pass restaurants were disgusting and the women's line was fairly long.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Astrophsx Thanka for the tips about places to visit if one is skipping the lounge. I'm heading to Lima next month and had already scoped out just the lounge situation.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Any updates on the MIA-LIM service nowadays? They have the daily 787-8 on the evening outbound, redeye inbound. A321Neo serving the other flights(gross). No more 767 lol.

Since they downgraded BOG to non FL, I'm curious if LIM is getting the downgraded meal service like BOG or a hot one on the tray? Hard to believe they are serving two meals on the route like pre-covid era but hot tray would be better than a sandwich. If anyone has flown this route recently, please let me know

AA is still the better option to LIM... even with the reverse Zodiac! UA is running their ancient 767 with the 2-1-2 looool, plus Polaris lounge still closed with MIA FL opening up end of month.

Thank you!

Last edited by SKYEG; Sep 21, 2021 at 10:39 pm
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Any updates on the MIA-LIM service nowadays? They have the daily 787-8 on the evening outbound, redeye inbound. A321Neo serving the other flights(gross). No more 767 lol.

Since they downgraded BOG to non FL, I'm curious if LIM is getting the downgraded meal service like BOG or a hot one on the tray? Hard to believe they are serving two meals on the route like pre-covid era but hot tray would be better than a sandwich. If anyone has flown this route recently, please let me know

AA is still the better option to LIM... even with the reverse Zodiac! UA is running their ancient 767 with the 2-1-2 looool, plus Polaris lounge still closed with MIA FL opening up end of month.

Thank you!
We just flew to/from Lima on "Flagship" marketed flights within the last 2 weeks. Can't comment on the A321 services, but the 787 flights were excellent and both included two generous meals. The first flight (MIA to LIM on the 788) had a full dinner service with four standard entree options as well as a "light meal" served before arrival with two smaller options (Chicken Sliders or an Asian Salad). The second flight (LIM to DFW on the 789) had a full breakfast service with four standard entree options as well as a full lunch served before arrival with two options. The lunch included a Filet Mignon or Yucca/Cheese Croquettes, so it was truly a second full meal and not the "light meal" service from the first flight. Both flights had B/O headsets, pillows/blankets, and amenity kits. Impressed with AA for these short 6 hour flights!
ESpen36, SKYEG and Gino Troian like this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by QHatoff
We just flew to/from Lima on "Flagship" marketed flights within the last 2 weeks. Can't comment on the A321 services, but the 787 flights were excellent and both included two generous meals. The first flight (MIA to LIM on the 788) had a full dinner service with four standard entree options as well as a "light meal" served before arrival with two smaller options (Chicken Sliders or an Asian Salad). The second flight (LIM to DFW on the 789) had a full breakfast service with four standard entree options as well as a full lunch served before arrival with two options. The lunch included a Filet Mignon or Yucca/Cheese Croquettes, so it was truly a second full meal and not the "light meal" service from the first flight. Both flights had B/O headsets, pillows/blankets, and amenity kits. Impressed with AA for these short 6 hour flights!
Holy crap... They've kept the full service on this route!!! Very impressive. That will mean that 788 MIA-LIM on the 1205AM will receive a 4 choice dinner, and a light " breakfast meal" before landing too. Very impressed they kept the amenity kits and pillows + blankets, B+O. Especially for the non-redeye, dinnertime outbound.

Funny how pre-covid people were complaining about this route but nowadays, having this level of service is a privilege LOL!!! I hate what covid has done to our air travel that we love .

Thanks so much for reporting back! More excited be on this route now. Too bad they completely butchered Colombia off Flagship biz for paid J... even though DFW-BOG is around the same time as MIA-LIM. It's odd because they use a 772ER with double the J on MIA-BOG compared to MIA-LIM on the 788. I'll report back next month to see if there is food+pillows blankets+amenities on DFW-BOG / BOG-MIA. Even though Colombia got booted from flagship biz, I'm seeing reports they are breaking their own TOS and serving hot food on the Bogota route due to length.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 3:44 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Exclamation

A reminder that this thread is about lounge status for AA travelers in LIM. Discussion about Peruvian entry requirements and policies is not specific to AA and has been moved to its own thread in the Peru forum: Entry requirements for Peru (vaccination, testing?)

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation. /Moderator
carlosdca and scubadu like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Any lounge access these days?

Now that LIM is no longer a "Flagship" destination, is AA providing lounge access to EXPs or J passengers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.