Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Describe your worst AA in-flight meal ever

Describe your worst AA in-flight meal ever

Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This horribly overcooked filet on a JFK-SFO flight five years ago

The half a raw onion side didn't really help
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
This thread reminds me of the dark days on US before the HP merger, when the F meals were boxed. This was circa late 2004/early 2005. We affectionately referred to them on the US forum as "Happy Meals."
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:11 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
US CLT-LAX on a 767 back in April 2001.

There were two choices of meals: a chicken with rice dish or some type of pasta. Both came with a salad, cheese, bread roll, and actual dessert (Rather than pre-packaged like today). The meals came on trays larger than today, with white melamine crockery with a blue trim on top. It made today's long haul meals long like a snack.

I was seated in the last row of Y and they happened to run out of meals one way or another. All they had left was a children's meal that I guess was accidently ordered or a child did not want to eat it. I was 15 at the time, so I took the meal out of hunger, and it contained the slimiest, scariest looking chicken fingers sitting over a bed of watery corn that looked like water balloons, complete with a side of hot strawberries and grapes, and hot chocolate pudding (I'm assuming the whole tray was placed into the oven). It was simply nasty.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
This horribly overcooked filet on a JFK-SFO flight five years ago
That looks marginally better than the filet I got on the same route last year (or maybe in 2016?). It look slightly overcooked on the outside, but was completely cold and raw on the inside. I might still have tried to eat it, but it was too fibrous to easily cut with the knife provided.

I wouldn't even know where to buy a filet that tough if I wanted to.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
This was on US Airways about 15 years ago: a cold chicken Caesar salad in a cardboard box, in first class, CLT-Las Vegas.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by SS255
This thread reminds me of the dark days on US before the HP merger, when the F meals were boxed. This was circa late 2004/early 2005. We affectionately referred to them on the US forum as "Happy Meals."
+1! I remember those meals on my flights in early 2005... At first they were just handing out the coach buy-onboard meals in F, and then LSG created special, even cheaper comps US earned for F (based on sales in Y) that were even worse than the coach boxes. Plus there were cities that weren't catered at all for a while, like morning flights out of SAN IIRC. Then US finally started buying snacks from airport concessions for the non-catered morning flights before catering eventually started to return with normal tray meals. Fun times.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
I had the stuffed pepper a few days ago that everyone has been maligning. I actually thought it was pretty decent for airline food and would eat it again.
+1

I actually like the stuffed poblano (relatively speaking). In fact I just pre-ordered it for my Thursday evening RDU-DFW flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.