Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Promo: 5K Bonus Miles for 5 Activities Challenge (end 30 Sep 2018)

Promo: 5K Bonus Miles for 5 Activities Challenge (end 30 Sep 2018)

Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Unhappy

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Has anyone else had a bookaahotels.com stay yet? I stayed on July 24 and haven't seen the miles yet; everything else has posted.
Same. Stay completed by Aug 1, still nothing.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
My last leg was a hotel stay completed August 9. Still waiting for them to give me my last 2500 miles. So.....predictably.....predictable.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by milesforhire
Same. Stay completed by Aug 1, still nothing.
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
My last leg was a hotel stay completed August 9. Still waiting for them to give me my last 2500 miles. So.....predictably.....predictable.
Okay, glad I'm not the only one. Mine was with a Choice Hotels property (but booked through bookaahotels.com). My bookaahotels.com email confirmation says the # of miles to earn, but I was afraid that since I paid the property directly, that might have affected anything. Happily, Choice Hotels wrote me back in response to a mileage inquiry saying that because I booked through bookaahotels.com, they are the ones responsible for any mileage accrual. So I suppose we are just waiting on some sort of a sweep. Hopefully.

I had a couple of Kimpton stays in July (earned 6x AA miles/$ under the IHG promo now that Kimpton is IHG), and it took nearly 4 weeks for those stays' bonus miles to post. I will probably call AAdvantage CS on 8/31 if nothing has posted yet from bookaahotels.com
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:55 am

Okay, glad I'm not the only one.
Same haha. I thought I might have screwed something up by changing the payment method, but if this is "normal" then I won't panic. Yet. :P
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by milesforhire
Same haha. I thought I might have screwed something up by changing the payment method, but if this is "normal" then I won't panic. Yet. :P
Sent a note to bookaahotels.com (run by booking.com) and got this response...

Dear xx,

Thank you for choosing Booking.com.

I am sorry for the late reply. Booking.com is going through peak season and has been extremely busy. I want you to know that your reservation is important to me and that I wish to work on it.

I would have like to speak to you over the phone but I was forwarded to voicemail and I did not want to disturb you. I hope everything is going well for you.

I am writing to you regarding your reservation [xxxxxxxxxx] at [xx hotel], check-in date 2018-07-24, and check-out date 2018-07-25.

You have recently contacted Booking.com regarding information on when you will receive your Advantage Miles by American Airlines. After my investigation, I would like to inform you what I found below.

Booker will receive points 8-12 weeks after departure from accommodation, awarded by American Airlines. This information is included on the guest’s confirmation under “terms and conditions” as well as during the hotel booking process when entering one’s Advantage number.

I hope this answers your questions. Thank you so much for being a Genius member with Booking.com.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Best wishes,
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:50 pm

Sent a note to bookaahotels.com (run by booking.com) and got this response...

Thanks for doing this leg work. Soooo, now my question is will they hose me as the promotion ends prior to the 8-12 week period they describe? I know it's far-fetched but.......
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Did anyone get a cret for bookaahotels.com?

Thanks for doing this leg work. Soooo, now my question is will they hose me as the promotion ends prior to the 8-12 week period they describe? I know it's far-fetched but.......
The promotion is over but my stay back in July did not posted yet...
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Alex_I
I called AAdvantage last week. they said as my checkout date was August 9 my post date for the promotion should be Oct 4 (8 weeks). She noted in my account and said it was SOP to take this long and it happens all of the time. Well, it's Oct 9 and still no posting. I'll call again next week when I have time if it doesn't post. It really is ridiculous.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:42 pm

I called AAdvantage last week. they said as my checkout date was August 9 my post date for the promotion should be Oct 4 (8 weeks). She noted in my account and said it was SOP to take this long and it happens all of the time. Well, it's Oct 9 and still no posting. I'll call again next week when I have time if it doesn't post. It really is ridiculous.
Same here, no points posted yet. Looking forward to the results of your call. This is beyond annoying.

It was meant for us to use and get familiar with BookAA.com but ironically this experience was so frustrating, I'll be sure never to use it again.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: CK or bust
I have to agree that almost all other activity associated with this promotion except for flights seems to take even longer than BE points take to post.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:19 am

Update: just got my points. It applied the promo retroactively! ^
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Alex_I
I had to call to get credit, but after I called AA CS, it only took 3 days for the miles & retroactive promo miles to post.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:09 am

My final leg cleared a few days ago. The miles credit all the way back to the date of my stay. Bizarre.They have to get better at this.

Last edited by Uncle Nonny; Oct 22, 2018 at 11:14 am
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
I had to call to get credit, but after I called AA CS, it only took 3 days for the miles & retroactive promo miles to post.
- Same here. Was connected to AA CS through EXP desk, was told that the hotel points should be credited back in Sept, everything was credited in about 3 days including the final bonus for the promo.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I only earned 250 miles, but still nothing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.