FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA not allowing me to check in for flight bought from Iberia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1916730-aa-not-allowing-me-check-flight-bought-iberia.html)

georgina80 Jun 27, 2018 10:57 am

AA not allowing me to check in for flight bought from Iberia

Flying from Orange County/SNA to Madrid tomorrow. All flights on American metal, but bought ticket from Iberia because it was $1500 cheaper. I have gold status on American.

I checked in this morning. It allowed me to get a boarding pass (shows my priority status) for the SNA to Dallas segment but is giving me an error for the Dallas to Madrid segment. For some reason, there are two separate American booking codes for the two flights.

I am a bit concerned. The thoughts crossing my mind: will my luggage be checked through to Madrid (yes, it’s all on one Iberia ticket). Do I really have to wait until the airport tomorrow to check in for the second flight? What other issues could arise?

Anyone else experience this before?

JJeffrey Jun 27, 2018 11:03 am

Originally Posted by georgina80 (Post 29912509)
Flying from Orange County/SNA to Madrid tomorrow. All flights on American metal, but bought ticket from Iberia because it was $1500 cheaper. I have gold status on American.

I checked in this morning. It allowed me to get a boarding pass (shows my priority status) for the SNA to Dallas segment but is giving me an error for the Dallas to Madrid segment. For some reason, there are two separate American booking codes for the two flights.

I am a bit concerned. The thoughts crossing my mind: will my luggage be checked through to Madrid (yes, it’s all on one Iberia ticket). Do I really have to wait until the airport tomorrow to check in for the second flight? What other issues could arise?

Anyone else experience this before?

This type of thing happens all the time when you combine online check-in, codeshares and int'l flights, I would not be concerned at all. Just get to SNA a few mins early and they will be able to get everything sorted, including checking your bags all the way to MAD and issuing your boarding pass for the DFW-MAD flight. Nothing to be concerned about.

UKtravelbear Jun 27, 2018 11:12 am

It's more just AA wanting to see your passport before the TATL than anything else.

Once an AA rep has seen your passport (to satisfy themselves that you will be admitted into Spain) at SNA they will be able to issue you the BP.

Catbert10 Jun 27, 2018 11:55 am

IB and AA don't exchange information nearly as well as BA and AA exchange information. As noted above, just show up at SNA about 10 - 15 minutes earlier than normal and the TA will get everything cleared up. I've had issues with IB flights purchased on AA and AA flights purchased on IB.

CPRich Jun 27, 2018 6:43 pm

It's more that AA is not allowing you to check-in online, rather than AA not allowing you to check in.

Yes, you really need to wait until tomorrow and check-in at the airport. This is fairly standard for even moderately non-standard international flights.

bostonkarl Jun 28, 2018 7:14 am

It's all part of the code-share joy. AA/IB combo is particularly annoying with regard to checkin.

FAA1996 Jun 28, 2018 7:30 am

Should be no issues. I'm currently in Spain on a ticket issued by Iberia and operated by AA. J was quite a bit less $$$ as a codeshare. Did not try to check in online but no issues at the airport. Miles did take 3 or 4 days to post.

C46 Jun 28, 2018 7:35 am

IB's Reciba & AA's SABRE have been notorious for not working well together, for years. Long before the annoying QiK-interface came along.

And if it's not related to the RES-system, still might be an issue of missing APIS-data or even the beloved Quad-S.

It will be sorted out at the airport, no worries!

C46 Jun 28, 2018 8:21 am

deleted

rasheed Jun 29, 2018 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by C46 (Post 29915814)
And if it's not related to the RES-system, still might be an issue of missing APIS-data or even the beloved Quad-S.

It will be sorted out at the airport, no worries!

I don't think it is secondary screening withhold because the first boarding pass was available. None would be allowed if the flag was present.

Passport check or related for Spain/EU entry seems most likely.

Rasheed

C46 Jun 30, 2018 1:38 am

It is possible to trigger the security-markings, using just 2 entries, for one segment only.
So I wouldn't rule that out...

superweak Jun 30, 2018 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Catbert10 (Post 29912785)
IB and AA don't exchange information nearly as well as BA and AA exchange information.

I find this to be quite the opposite (AA automated systems seem much more willing to issue IB boarding passes than BA ones) but that may just be the kinds of reservations I have.