Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best lounges ORD-LAX-NRT???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Best lounges ORD-LAX-NRT???

I have upcoming flight to BKK with AA Vacations flying Q*. I have Sapphire Plat status. Flight path MCO-ORD-NRT-BKK and return BKK-NRT-LAX-MCO. All have AA Flight numbers but some operated by JAL.-> ORD-NRT, NRT-BKK & BKK-NRT
DO I have access?

MCO – Admirals Club, is there access for Sapphire on international flight?
Or The Club BA?

I imagine the FL’s are good choices but wondering if there are other better choices.
FL - Chicago (ORD) - Terminal 3 – FL or Admiral (Recommended?)
In the crosswalk between gates H6 and K6
&
FL - Los Angeles (LAX) - Terminal 4 (Recommended or other?)
Near gate 40

In NRT there are a host of lounges including Admiral, CX, JAL Sakura and Quantas??
I don’t know terminal departure #’s so that may play into choices. All layovers 1:30 to 2:30 minutes.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by CJPacker
I have upcoming flight to BKK with AA Vacations flying Q*. I have Sapphire Plat status. Flight path MCO-ORD-NRT-BKK and return BKK-NRT-LAX-MCO. All have AA Flight numbers but some operated by JAL.-> ORD-NRT, NRT-BKK & BKK-NRT
DO I have access?

MCO – Admirals Club, is there access for Sapphire on international flight?
Or The Club BA?

I imagine the FL’s are good choices but wondering if there are other better choices.
FL - Chicago (ORD) - Terminal 3 – FL or Admiral (Recommended?)
In the crosswalk between gates H6 and K6
&
FL - Los Angeles (LAX) - Terminal 4 (Recommended or other?)
Near gate 40

In NRT there are a host of lounges including Admiral, CX, JAL Sakura and Quantas??
I don’t know terminal departure #’s so that may play into choices. All layovers 1:30 to 2:30 minutes.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Outbound:
MCO - Admirals Club
ORD - Flagship Lounge
NRT - JL Sakura Lounge

Return:
BKK - CX Lounge
NRT - JL Sakura Lounge
LAX - Flagship Lounge or oneworld Business Lounge
asf-07 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Delta GM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
The Flagship Lounges at LAX and ORD are very good and should be your lounge of choice at those airports. Your JL flight will depart from Terminal 3 at ORD, by the way, so no worries about having to do the T3 > T5 transfer shuttle as with CX, BA, or AY international departures.

I cannot, however, recommend the Admiral's Club in NRT - definitely use the Sakura Lounge instead.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Flagship Lounge at LAX is definitely better than the OW business lounge.

I still like the Qantas First lounge there better than the Flagship Lounge but that's not an option for you.
boss315 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There is also the Cathay Pacific lounge in NRT but I also liked the qantas lounge (it was quite quiet in the morning)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

There is also the Cathay Pacific lounge in NRT but I also liked the qantas lounge (it was quite quiet in the morning)

Regards

TBS
Spent this morning at the 1st class JAL Lounge in NRT, (currently in Flagship at ORD). The shower at the lounge was great, but I have to say I prefer the Cathay Lounge in NRT, less busy, more refined and relaxing. No fresh made sushi, but the quiet makes the Cathay my preferred lounge. BTW, the Flagship at ORD today has a very nice dinner buffet, have not tried any of it, but looks bon appetite.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by GunsOfNavarone
Spent this morning at the 1st class JAL Lounge in NRT, (currently in Flagship at ORD). The shower at the lounge was great, but I have to say I prefer the Cathay Lounge in NRT, less busy, more refined and relaxing. No fresh made sushi, but the quiet makes the Cathay my preferred lounge. BTW, the Flagship at ORD today has a very nice dinner buffet, have not tried any of it, but looks bon appetite.
In my opinion, the Flagship Lounge at ORD has the best food and coldest champagne and best bloody mary bar of the entire FL roster.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
If you like Japanese style beef curry and only have a short amount of time the Sakura lounge at NRT is a good choice.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...esides-cx.html
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the advise. look forward to a lounge parade!!
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by CJPacker
I don’t know terminal departure #’s so that may play into choices. All layovers 1:30 to 2:30 minutes...Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
My personal opinion at NRT: CX for food; AA for showers; JL for sushi and general ambience. However, I don't like crowded lounges, so I'd often skip even an excellent lounge if it seems crowded.
aztimm likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Outbound:
MCO - Admirals Club
ORD - Flagship Lounge
NRT - JL Sakura Lounge

Return:
BKK - CX Lounge
NRT - JL Sakura Lounge
LAX - Flagship Lounge or oneworld Business Lounge
My choices as well. Normally recommend more lounge hopping, time permitting, but not at any of these airports given the alternative lounge options.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: United Premier Platinum
Keep in mind that the JL Sakura lounge has the tendency to get very crowded depending on the time of day. If you find it too hectic you may want to try AA or CX, which (IME) are not as crowded most of the time.
GunsOfNavarone likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There is also another JAL Sakura lounge in the satellite terminal which may be a bt quieter at certain times of day ( about a 5-10min walk from the main terminal lounge) . I used the First class lounge but at 0930 in the morning the satellite lounge was a lot quieter than the main lounge

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
At NRT, there are two Sakura lounges and I recommend that you use the larger one in the main part of the terminal. It's larger and more comfortable, but the same food and drink offerings. Allow some time to get to the AA area in the satellite, maybe 15 minutes or so?

At LAX the Flagship Lounge in T4 is brilliant, they really knocked it out of the park with that one. I wouldn't head over to TBIT for the business lounge there even though you would be eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.