Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: CLT B Admirals Club renovated, expanded reopened 20 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: CLT B Admirals Club renovated, expanded reopened 20 Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
It wold be great if they cold re-open the old D terminal club as more of a flagship space since all the Int'l flights leave fro there anyway. I am not sure how that space was repurposed. Can't recall if that is where the expresso and sushi place is now. Even better wold be some space down in E as opposed to the wasteland it is now.
JDiver and Spiff like this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:57 pm
OTD
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
If I ever flew out of the E gates, I'd be banging on the door for a club down there. That's a long haul from the C/D club.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by brobab
It wold be great if they cold re-open the old D terminal club as more of a flagship space since all the Int'l flights leave fro there anyway. I am not sure how that space was repurposed. Can't recall if that is where the expresso and sushi place is now. Even better wold be some space down in E as opposed to the wasteland it is now.
Originally Posted by OTD
If I ever flew out of the E gates, I'd be banging on the door for a club down there. That's a long haul from the C/D club.
25+ new gates coming on line in B and C plus the additional "hold" space in E and no plans for another lounge and as far as I can see, no sq ft being planned that could be added lounge space. E is getting a decent amount of retail space, but nothing that would appear to be able to house a lounge. Even the just about done A expansion did not add lounge space.

CLT does a lot of good planning overall - e.g. the last two expansion plans and the 4th runway, but as you try to become more of an international destination, lounge space and premium lounge space is a must.
GTITAN and OTD like this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:55 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
In its current form, I don't believe there is anywhere to put another Admirals Club at CLT.

The old British Airways Terraces lounge is now the USO lounge (on the mezzanine level above the central atrium) and the old US Club in Concourse D was turned into a crew lounge that eventually became the area where the Pinkberry is now presently.

IIRC, when the new concourse opens next month there will be space for an airline lounge in the mezzanine level above the gates, but I'm willing to bet it will eventually become a Priority Pass type lounge or a Delta Sky Club. I doubt CLT is "premium" enough to warrant a Centurion lounge.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
25+ new gates coming on line in B and C plus the additional "hold" space in E and no plans for another lounge and as far as I can see, no sq ft being planned that could be added lounge space. E is getting a decent amount of retail space, but nothing that would appear to be able to house a lounge. Even the just about done A expansion did not add lounge space.

CLT does a lot of good planning overall - e.g. the last two expansion plans and the 4th runway, but as you try to become more of an international destination, lounge space and premium lounge space is a must.
need some showers in CLT
OMG
GTITAN likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:30 am

Got an email about this. 2019 seems a long way off.
The Concourse B Admirals Club® lounge will be temporarily closed during your trip. You’ll still have access to the Concourse C Admirals Club lounge between Concourses C and D.

We look forward to briging you an all-new lounge experience in 2019.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
All you CLT haters. Vote with your wallet, stay away...(more space for me).
IAHtraveler and kahdgar like this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by scottsam66
some of us that are used to nice airports/hubs have been doing this for years......and not I'm not meaning LGA.
Spiff likes this.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Aug 9, 2018 at 12:18 pm
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:33 pm

2019 - yikes that is a long time. B is a tough fix and I guess it makes sense to close it outright, although I think you could have closed 1/2 at a time.

But, boy oh boy is C crowded these days! Hopefully, C should be an easier update when they get to it. And hopefully, they won't try to close it completely...

Start with the former smoking room & bar and the right isle. (Add a temp bar in back.) Close it. Update it. Open it.
Close the back of the club. Close it. Update it. Open it.
Lastly the middle of the club and left isle. Close it. Update it. Open it.
Bathrooms in C will be a little tougher, but with a focused effort should only be a few weeks.
And add showers! - get rid of (some/all of) the conference rooms and there is plenty of room for showers.

i will avoid CLT when i can until the construction is done.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
2019 - yikes that is a long time. B is a tough fix and I guess it makes sense to close it outright, although I think you could have closed 1/2 at a time.

But, boy oh boy is C crowded these days! Hopefully, C should be an easier update when they get to it. And hopefully, they won't try to close it completely...

Start with the former smoking room & bar and the right isle. (Add a temp bar in back.) Close it. Update it. Open it.
Close the back of the club. Close it. Update it. Open it.
Lastly the middle of the club and left isle. Close it. Update it. Open it.
Bathrooms in C will be a little tougher, but with a focused effort should only be a few weeks.
And add showers! - get rid of (some/all of) the conference rooms and there is plenty of room for showers.

i will avoid CLT when i can until the construction is done.
I don't know why there are complaints about the CLT C AC. It caters to everyone. When you walk in on the D terminal side and then look towards the front and back, Fox News is on the TV on the right, CNN on the left TV--how perfect is that?
Global321 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:26 am
OTD
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
That B club is pretty small. Half of it would be just big enough to grab a bagel, but probably not to butter it.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Living in the south CLT is difficult to avoid. Its one busy, crowded airport. The C club still seems to have enough seating. But please when are these supposedly promised showers coming. Of course PHL still no showers so I'm not to hopeful.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Admirals Club Member, HHonors
Originally Posted by scottsam66
The sushi place in the concourse is the best in the sky!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
To stay in TOS:

CLT creates a vacuum.
CLT is a piece of pasture pancakes.
I'd rather change in LHR than change in CLT.
And PHL is WORSE!
IMHO.
YMMV (but I doubt it).

OBTW-I am not a big fan of CLT.
Same here. CLT is a dump with the C concourse the worst. Gate lice spilling over to at least 50% of the already constricted passageways.

Filthy carpets, beat-up asbestos tile ceilings. The aging former US club in C at least has decent power- unlike the one at DCA - zero point zero.

Anywhere from DCA to points west always has a default algo that runs me thru CLT vice ORD or DFW. You have to go multi city to avoid CLT.

Finally, if the weather is lousy in DCA it’s often worse in CLT. If I’m stuck connecting to DCA I would much prefer an overnight at ORD or DFW.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by AATrout
Same here. CLT is a dump with the C concourse the worst. Gate lice spilling over to at least 50% of the already constricted passageways.

Filthy carpets, beat-up asbestos tile ceilings. The aging former US club in C at least has decent power- unlike the one at DCA - zero point zero.

Anywhere from DCA to points west always has a default algo that runs me thru CLT vice ORD or DFW. You have to go multi city to avoid CLT.

Finally, if the weather is lousy in DCA it’s often worse in CLT. If I’m stuck connecting to DCA I would much prefer an overnight at ORD or DFW.
CLT has a great on time track record. DCA weather and CLT weather are rarely connected.

Despite the size and number of flights CLT is way easier to navigate / get from gate to gate than DFW or LAX or PHL or many other hubs. You can land and take off in under 45 minutes.

For me...
CLT beats LGA or DCA. Easily.
CLT beats DFW by a huge amount in terns of getting from gate to gate. New lounges in DFW are/will be great. That will probably push me to DFW for connections when flying INT.
ORD and JFK are awesome for lounges and getting from gate to gate with AA.

Let's see what happens when lounge reno's and expansions are done in CLT. You might be surprised.
LovePrunes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.