Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA asks US gvt to refrain using AA to transport separated border kids

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA asks US gvt to refrain using AA to transport separated border kids

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Agreed, this is more PR fluff than anything that carries any sort of weight. And, are they asking to not be used for returning the separated kids to their parents/family as well? I expect those flights will get a lot of press!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Moderator note:

Please re-read what my colleague JDiver posted above:

Originally Posted by JDiver
The full AA statement has been added to the first post. AA is asking the USG to refrain from using AA to transport children separated from their families by ICE.

ONMI-suited posts will be deleted.

If you'd like to debate the topic, we have a lively discussion over in the Omni PR forum.

Thanks.

aztimm
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Delta, AA-Gold, Hilton-Gold
As stated numerous times......AA take care of the problems in your own house. You can start by finding a regional carrier that has a working computer system and maybe a backup system.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Ugh, stupid political posturing. Get back to flying, none of us are naive enough to believe Doug Parker doesn't want to profit under these, or any, circumstances. It's his job to drive profit, to the point he's trying to turn AA into a LCC.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gig103
... none of us are naive enough to believe Doug Parker doesn't want to profit under these, or any, circumstances. It's his job to drive profit, to the point he's trying to turn AA into a LCC.
It's not even that he's trying; he has clearly already succeeded.

--woodstock
Gig103 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.