Emotional Support Animals in lounges?

Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jcatman
[/left]
Lord have mercy........disgusting.
Less disgusting than feeding the dog food from the buffet using lounge dishes (and maybe lounge silverware too).
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AA100k
I love animals but really don’t want to share space and food with them in the lounge. As for spooning with a dog in the lounge - sick!
Originally Posted by jcatman
Lord have mercy........disgusting.
"Oh dear, oh dear... where are my smellin' salts?! I think I shall faint!"
pvn likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by rjw242
"Oh dear, oh dear... where are my smellin' salts?! I think I shall faint!"
Nah, but my Delamotte may make a second appearance.

Why is it so difficult for people to be courteous in a public airport lounge?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That photo is emblematic of the problem.
At a glance, it looks more like what you'd see at the gate than in the lounge.
And if the lounge becomes essentially just an extension of the gate, what's the point?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I tend to worry when I can't get an exit seat, as that is the only place where I don't have to worry about giving up space to an ESA.
Maybe I need an ESA
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Disgusting. No animals in lounges, certainly not on furniture.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:28 am

It's going beyond ridiculous into,I don't know what.

What about MY emotional needs.

I get extremely upset if my clothing is full of animal hairs from them being on furniture. I get nauseated at the thought of animals sharing the same dishes and cutlery that I,used. ( and stopped eating at a friend's house because she did that!) i don't do well if a strange dog starts drooling on my clothes. I get panicked and scared if a dog I don't know jumps up at me. ( and since many so called support animals are just pets)

so I ask again,

What about MY emotional needs?
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
IMHO, if you cant travel without your "emotional support, dog, cat, peacock, fish.. and what ever else is out there, take them in your own car,
tired of people using this has an excuse, how do I know if your "emotional support" has been treated for fleas etc?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:42 am

Feb 28 2017. I was in the Delta lounge at JAX.
Couple comes in with mid-size dog. They proceed to sit down in the room next to the food counter.
One of them ( not the dog ...) goes to the buffet table and gets an assortment of food, brings it back to where they sit.
They proceed to feed the dog his/her dinner, using the food they brought from the buffet, putting the food in the front of the dog on the floor.
This went on until the dog was satisfied.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by fotographer
IMHO, if you cant travel without your "emotional support, dog, cat, peacock, fish.. and what ever else is out there, take them in your own car,
tired of people using this has an excuse, how do I know if your "emotional support" has been treated for fleas etc?
AA's new rules for ESAs doesn't even require shots as DL does.
(No, I am not suggesting someone shoot ESAs)
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum Premier, Marriott DC Chairman's Club, BA Executive Club Silver
This is just wrong for so many reasons
- unfair on those with genuine service dog needs
- unfair on other passengers with pet hair allergies
- unhygienic feeding any animals from the buffet and almost certainly unhealthy for them too
- costly for the lounge operator and eventually all lounge users
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: ExPlAAt; United 1K
Originally Posted by awayIgo
It's going beyond ridiculous into,I don't know what.

What about MY emotional needs.

I get extremely upset if my clothing is full of animal hairs from them being on furniture. I get nauseated at the thought of animals sharing the same dishes and cutlery that I,used. ( and stopped eating at a friend's house because she did that!) i don't do well if a strange dog starts drooling on my clothes. I get panicked and scared if a dog I don't know jumps up at me. ( and since many so called support animals are just pets)

so I ask again,

What about MY emotional needs?
I could not agree more. I have two dogs of my own, but I would never inflict them on other people in an airport or on a plane.
awayIgo and thunderlounge like this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: GM
You can try to pry my emotional support spitting cobra from my cold dead hands...
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
This thread has, typically forbthis topic, gone off the tracks, so it will rest.

The AA policy is ambiguous, as it doesnt mention Emotional or Psychiatric Service Animals per se, but given Service Animals and Pets in approved enclosures are admitted to the Admirals Clubs, its likely an animal approved to accompany a passenger in the cabin would be allowed Club entry as long as it met with the terms and conditions regarding behavior etc.

AA Club Animals policy: Service animals are welcome in Admirals Club lounges. Quiet pets accompanying guests onboard the aircraft are also permitted, provided they remain in their carry-on kennels.

For the moderated thread regarding AA policies regarding support, emotional and psychiatric support Animals, please visit https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ul-2018-a.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.