Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Dear All,

I would give upto $682.50 per person for 4 coach class RT tickets (non stop) from DFW to PTY.

Surely, that must be a meaningful amount to someone at AA. I could purchase a 70 inch OLED TV with that!!

Please re-start that route

Warm Regards,

Panjabi

Last edited by panjabi; Aug 28, 2018 at 7:07 pm Reason: clarity
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:49 pm

DAY-LAX (former Piedmont route).
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
LGA-GSP
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by yorock
American Eagle used to operate ATL-BNA, via turboprop IIRC. Bring that route back.
Yeah... that's probably not coming back. Was it when BNA was a AA hub?
DL and WN have it covered with DL doing 757s to one-up WN's 737s.

Agree with another poster who said BNA-PHX. I was surprised that didn't already exist and that's it's only WN.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by NYTA
DL announced JFK-TLV going to 2x daily next year so both UA and DL have 2x daily TLV to NY plus ELAL have 2x Daily to JFK and 1x daily to EWR - but American "can't make it profitable". Sure, that's it.
That's just NYC. Don't forget the LAX/SFO/BOS/MIA-TLV on El Al and SFO/IAD-TLV on UA. US Airways used to tout its profitability on the PHL-TLV route, and then they merge and AA says it can't profitably sustain the flight. Even AA's friend LATAM is starting SCL-GRU-TLV in a few months. If SCL-GRU-TLV can work, AA is really missing something obvious in TLV. Just so hard to believe there are no external factors in play.

AA is really going to be a TATL head scratcher next summer. Yes PHL-DBV/BLQ, no PHL-MUC/TLV/FRA/MXP/BRU?
AANYC1981 and safari ari like this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by DA201

AA is really going to be a TATL head scratcher next summer. Yes PHL-DBV/BLQ, no PHL-MUC/TLV/FRA/MXP/BRU?
100% agree with you. But, DBV is getting a lot of good press from GoT and the fact that Croatia is a cheaper alternative to expensive Western Europe. Still not an excuse, but I understand the seasonal DBV service.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:21 pm
Suspended

these loading this weekend:
GTITAN likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Well selfishly I’d love a PHX - BNA, OKC, MSN, and anywhere in Europe that’s not on BA metal. Just flights I seem to fly a lot that I have to currently connect.
Looks like AA was reading my post haha!

EDIT: Just read above and saw JonNYC beat me to it!

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/a...9fd449bf4.html
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by JonNYC

Thanks for the info. I fly PHX to ORD quite a bit. What is the benefit of that additional flight? Assume it's the aircraft?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Thanks for the info. I fly PHX to ORD quite a bit. What is the benefit of that additional flight? Assume it's the aircraft?
Yes, another rare AA widebody in PHX.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Is JFK-DEN being suspended? I see 1x daily right now (redeye on the eastbound), but nada during my target dates next year.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Gold
Would really love to see DFW-PVD/MHT. The former probably more likely than latter.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Is JFK-DEN being suspended? I see 1x daily right now (redeye on the eastbound), but nada during my target dates next year.
ITA Matrix shows it ending Nov. 3. Apparently being the six carrier in the market NYC-DEN (UA, DL, WN, B6, and Frontier remain) didn't work.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
ITA Matrix shows it ending Nov. 3. Apparently being the six carrier in the market NYC-DEN (UA, DL, WN, B6, and Frontier remain) didn't work.
Another one of my frequent, non-UA, flights is being cut from DEN. Staying off UA is getting harder and harder.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Originally Posted by safari ari
Well, UA can add more capacity to the US - TLV market, still do not get how AA cannot, from a business standpoint...., service this route again. And its not like UA is only flying 787s there. I still cannot get over this.
I believe that there is a legal issue in Israel that dates back to the TWA bankruptcy. It involves back and severance pay to the TWA employees who lost their jobs when TWA went under. Pre Merger, USAir could fly there. American cannot without settling and paying for that issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.