Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by formeraa
I wish they would restart the old US/HP mini-hub in LAS. As a college student, those cheap late-night connections in LAS saved me a lot of money.
OT here but what I really want is an AC at LAS. Given the number of flights and convention/meeting business I'd think it would be a no brainer.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:51 pm

JFK ~ DEN
haveric and US @ DEN like this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
SJC - JFK with a A321T please.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
More daily nonstops to the Caribbean, like SXM
crisdee likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:40 pm

LAX-MRY
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
TPA-LHR in place of TPA-LGW. I'm getting tired of the ground transfer or having to route through MIA/CLT/etc.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
PHL-RDG. Reading hasn't had commercial air service since about 2004 or so. Getting from Reading to PHL and back is a major pain.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
PHL-RDG. Reading hasn't had commercial air service since about 2004 or so. Getting from Reading to PHL and back is a major pain.
Wasn't it PIT-RDG back then? Anyways, there is another cut at PIT, in case you're keeping score:

American Airlines to end nonstop flights from Pittsburgh to Boston in December | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Bye bye, PIT-BOS.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by radiowell
Wasn't it PIT-RDG back then? Anyways, there is another cut at PIT, in case you're keeping score:

American Airlines to end nonstop flights from Pittsburgh to Boston in December Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Bye bye, PIT-BOS.
There was RDG-PHL and RDG-PIT. I flew on both routes when I was much younger. I enjoyed sitting in the front of the plane (Shorts 360 - I think it was Allegheny Commuter) and talking to the pilots. Learned a lot. IFR means I Follow Roads.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by radiowell

American Airlines to end nonstop flights from Pittsburgh to Boston in December Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Bye bye, PIT-BOS.
Was just a matter of time after Delta (and, of course, jetBlue several years ago) jumped into PIT-BOS.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Would like to see a little love EWR from West Coast (LAX/SFO).
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold
American Eagle used to operate ATL-BNA, via turboprop IIRC. Bring that route back.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems the AA team in MUC is currently in preparation to start DFW-MUC with a B772 starting summer 2019 (end of March onwards). Have you heard anything to that effect?
DFW confirmed last week. A332 service to PHL switched to CLT at the same time. MUC T1 will become busy in summer with delta going to Atlanta and Detroit around the zame time.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I don't get the TLV angle - at all. Seems every other airline is increasing capacity. US used to fly TLV and said it performed well.

There something that AA is clearly afraid of on this route that it refuses to jump into.
DL announced JFK-TLV going to 2x daily next year so both UA and DL have 2x daily TLV to NY plus ELAL have 2x Daily to JFK and 1x daily to EWR - but American "can't make it profitable". Sure, that's it.
ijgordon and safari ari like this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by NYTA
DL announced JFK-TLV going to 2x daily next year so both UA and DL have 2x daily TLV to NY plus ELAL have 2x Daily to JFK and 1x daily to EWR - but American "can't make it profitable". Sure, that's it.
Its called "run away from any competition" approach - AA is becoming a no balls airline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.