Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by nyta
tel aviv
Get in Line
MarJon likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold
I'm sure this has been discussed (didn't see it in search at first), but has there ever been any talk/rumors of adding more than one daily JFK-ORD frequency?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wolfeman27
I'm sure this has been discussed (didn't see it in search at first), but has there ever been any talk/rumors of adding more than one daily JFK-ORD frequency?
It drives me nuts that there is only 1 flight a day between these two airports. Makes connections from deep SA really terrible especially on the way back to the states.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD

It drives me nuts that there is only 1 flight a day between these two airports. Makes connections from deep SA really terrible especially on the way back to the states.
Exactly what prompted my question! Rough connection for those morning arrivals ... and no desire to cab over to LGA
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD

Sounds like they should just move the South American flights to PHL
MarkOK likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Chicago_Guy3344
ORD-MEX. Makes no sense to not have a direct. I think LCCs like Volaris drove them out but UA and AM both have directs still.
When was this cancelled? It seems like it would be useful, considering the codesharing now with 4O.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by NYTA
Tel Aviv
Unfortunately not, they won't be back to TLV for a quite some time. They tried and it didn't workout so well. They couldn't have enough profitability.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:03 pm

Sna-jfk. Maybe ORD-ngo?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
It isn't AA, but I know there are some folks from PIT on the forum:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...eturn-pit.html
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
It isn't AA, but I know there are some folks from PIT on the forum:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...eturn-pit.html
I believe this route is receiving subsidies of $1.5m for a 5 year period. This route will need every penny to survive. Too many small to mid size cities in the US are attracting T/A service with these deals. Most of the service will end once the subsidies run out
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:16 pm
cfw

Programs: UA, DL, LH, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by Cltfc
I believe this route is receiving subsidies of $1.5m for a 5 year period. This route will need every penny to survive. Too many small to mid size cities in the US are attracting T/A service with these deals. Most of the service will end once the subsidies run out
I will have to disagree. After being stabbed in the face, back, and side by US Air the city of Pittsburgh has done a great job in attracting flights, including Delta's PIT-CDG which Delta has just upgauged due to high demand despite the Icelandic rush.

BDL's $13M incentive/subsidy of EI, however, may be a different story.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by cfw
I will have to disagree. After being stabbed in the face, back, and side by US Air the city of Pittsburgh has done a great job in attracting flights, including Delta's PIT-CDG which Delta has just upgauged due to high demand despite the Icelandic rush.

The Pittsburgh Victim mentality continues, US Air did this and that to us. This is $7.5m deal over 5 years if I understand it correctly. Even the PIT- CDG flight used some of the subsidy money the first two years and it was always a seasonal flight. I suspect they will spend the full amount to keep the BA service going. This is not a seasonal route its going to be difficult for BA to fill +200 seats on this flight from Nov to April. And even with the subsidy BA isn't flying daily even in summer . The local market in Pittsburgh isn't that strong.The city of Pittsburgh and State of Pennsylvania have spent lots of $$$$$ to attract flights even the flight to Seattle, etc required subsidy money. All the talk of booming Pittsburgh leaves me wondering, How can this be with a MSA population that keeps decreasing. Basic economics tell us that labor markets need population growth to expand. I think a lot of these small to mid sized T/A flights will disappear when the subsidies go away.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by cfw

The Pittsburgh Victim mentality continues, US Air did this and that to us. This is $7.5m deal over 5 years if I understand it correctly. Even the PIT- CDG flight used some of the subsidy money the first two years and it was always a seasonal flight. I suspect they will spend the full amount to keep the BA service going. This is not a seasonal route its going to be difficult for BA to fill +200 seats on this flight from Nov to April. And even with the subsidy BA isn't flying daily even in summer . The local market in Pittsburgh isn't that strong.The city of Pittsburgh and State of Pennsylvania have spent lots of $$$$$ to attract flights even the flight to Seattle, etc required subsidy money. All the talk of booming Pittsburgh leaves me wondering, How can this be with a MSA population that keeps decreasing. Basic economics tell us that labor markets need population growth to expand. I think a lot of these small to mid sized T/A flights will disappear when the subsidies go away.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Cltfc
This is $7.5m deal over 5 years if I understand it correctly........
I think the PIT BA subsidy is $3M over 2 Years. Flight is 4 x week. This flight likely has a better chance of success if the seasonal DL PIT-CDG flight is cancelled, ensuring at least high seasonal margins. The off season would likely require significant business travel support.

Last edited by perseus11; Jul 25, 2018 at 7:38 pm
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by perseus11
I think the PIT BA subsidy is $3M over 2 Years. Flight is 4 x week.

Thanks for the Clarity, I though I had read it was a 5 year deal.....

Last edited by Cltfc; Jul 25, 2018 at 7:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.