Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by NavSTL
PEK/PHL would be nice, but as long as we're wishing, let me bid for PEK/STL. I want the TWA routes back and more, goldurnit!
My PHL>PEK(via ORD) fare in April = $638 (through ORD).
My PHL>ORD fair a few weeks earlier=$678.
Airlines are funny.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Agreed, it's sort of silly to fly O/D from NY to PVD. Though I do remember flying US on this route ~20 years ago to do some same-day recruiting events at Brown. I think they used SAABs. And it wasn't cheap then either. But I think this was before Acela and not sure if Amtrak was even electrified north of New Haven back then so train wasn't a great option.
I've flown BDL/PVD to JFK. Great flight on the SAAB and an easy connection to the world through the predecessor to terminal 8. But yes, no O&D on that route.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by PHL
PHL-TLV was dropped well after the merger, citing "not profitable" for the entire 6 years it ran, including a quote by management that it had lost $20M in the last year of operation alone!........................................
And what would you have expected them to say?? No proof was ever provided, in any publicly available financial releases. TLV is one of the "must" serve destinations for an international carrier, particularly with a significant East/West Coast U.S. presence. Although US would have had problems offsetting significant losses on the route (if that was in fact accurate), AA would not. If PHL was not the optimum origin, why didn't AA move the flight to NYC, or ORD, or MIA? This debate can go on forever. However, based on the Thread Title, "Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?", I project that TLV will be restarted by AA and I'll leave it at that.
MarJon likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by perseus11
And what would you have expected them to say?? No proof was ever provided, in any publicly available financial releases. TLV is one of the "must" serve destinations for an international carrier, particularly with a significant East/West Coast U.S. presence. Although US would have had problems offsetting significant losses on the route (if that was in fact accurate), AA would not. If PHL was not the optimum origin, why didn't AA move the flight to NYC, or ORD, or MIA? This debate can go on forever. However, based on the Thread Title, "Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?", I project that TLV will be restarted by AA and I'll leave it at that.
I have no real dog in the fight, but apparently TLV isn't a "must" serve destination for AA - from any coast or non-coast location.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I project that TLV will be restarted by AA and I'll leave it at that.
Not a risky projection. With more 787s, past money losing routes could become profitable ones.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by enpremiere
The key to the AA genie lamp that is this thread is ensure that you specify which aircraft you would want to serve your route (reasonably speaking).

It would be a sad day to get your desired route served by a 737 MAX.

Or this.
Yes indeed. If I had a say, it would all be 77Ws, A32*neos, A350s and Bombardier C Series for the regional flights.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sambagrrl07
NYC-STT
NYC-SJU

I initially joined AAdvantage because of its Caribbean service years ago. Very disappointed it has barely any non-stops from NYC now. PHL is too far a drive.
Yes!!! Bring back the JFK-Caribbean markets that sadly have been surrendered to B6. (And dare I say that I miss BDL-SJU on the AB6?)
sambagrrl07 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:05 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
They are not obligated to give any specifics, but it seems clear from the statements they did make that it was a money loser. If it starts up again, I'm guessing it will be from PHL or ORD for the O&D *PLUS* connections. The NYC metro has a number of options on several carriers already (and slot limitations), and MIA would mainly just be O&D.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Gig103
Some more international routes out of PHX would be nice, instead of the one BA-metal LHR flight. Some 'hub' this is
And not that I go to Hawaii, but a three-cabin A321 would be a nice addition for some of those flights.
BA does have the second flight 3 days/week in the summer. Really though PHX direct to NRT or HKG would be interesting to me, though less urgent with the much improved LAX TBIT.

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Well selfishly I’d love a PHX - BNA, OKC, MSN, and anywhere in Europe that’s not on BA metal. Just flights I seem to fly a lot that I have to currently connect.
PHX-BNA would be nice, it’s currently served by WN.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
I have no real dog in the fight, but apparently TLV isn't a "must" serve destination for AA - from any coast or non-coast location.
Just as apparently HKG isn't for DL, which is bewildering.

Though with metal neutral JVs, AA probably has the attitude that they serve it just fine via LHR with BA, and that for all customers not originating in the one AA gateway city where the flight would be, whether it's one stop via LHR or PHL/JFK/MIA, it doesn't much matter.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by dylanks

BA does have the second flight 3 days/week in the summer. Really though PHX direct to NRT or HKG would be interesting to me, though less urgent with the much improved LAX TBIT.

PHX-BNA would be nice, it’s currently served by WN.
With the growth in popularity of Nashville it may be a matter of time. Surprised they don’t give it a try. I find myself booking WN there and AA back due to the time change. It’s so hard to connect when going east. You just lose too much time. Coming back I don’t have as much of an issue.

PHX to SYD or LAX to MEL would also be flights I’d take. The former will never happen but you never know about the latter. Giving AAs struggles on LAX to SYD and the relationship with QF I doubt it.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:43 am

Our small regional airport (SUX) is only served by Eagle (Envoy) with two daily RTs to ORD and one to DFW so I'd love to see something going west preferably to PHX or even DEN.

I'm hopeful AA will be adding more flights out of here because in the last six months they've tested a second DFW flight three different times for 7, 10, and 14 days. They also recently did a test using CR7s in place of one of E145 trips to ORD.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: AA CK, UA GS, DL 360, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by swingaling
Aside from BOS-LHR (which will never be on AA metal), I'd like to see AA fly to Africa. Either as a tag route from GRU or from PHL. I don't love the idea of it being ex-PHL, but getting to JFK on AA is torture currently.

For that matter, I'd like to see PVD-LGA/JFK. It's only 180 miles away, but getting to NYC from PVD (on AA) currently is a huge hassle. Either drive to BOS and deal with that whole mess or endure some asinine routing like PVD-PHL-DCA-LGA. Given the choice, I'd probably take the train. Given that UA charges over $500 for PVD-EWR, there's certainly demand for this route.
At least for BOS-LHR we have a bunch of options with BA. I've taken a shine to the 0730 flight, plus seeing a A380 at BOS is cute.

WRT to getting to NYC, I've given up on every flight to and from the city proper (BOS-xxx). I just go Amtrak now, unless I'm going to EWR. I prefer the (relative to flying) guarantee of 3.5 hours versus the random mix of 30 minutes and 9 hours.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by DWFI
Just as apparently HKG isn't for DL, which is bewildering.

Though with metal neutral JVs, AA probably has the attitude that they serve it just fine via LHR with BA, and that for all customers not originating in the one AA gateway city where the flight would be, whether it's one stop via LHR or PHL/JFK/MIA, it doesn't much matter.
Except that it's not a simple one stop unless you have a nonstop to LHR. Last weekend we flew RSW-PHL-LHR-TLV.... connections so close that one has to run. Barely made PHL-LHR. Ran from C3 to Axx? Closed door after we boarded, Ran to LHR-PHL... Closed door after boarding... Sure it's simple if you live in one of the few hubs with a NS to LHR... but not for 95% of the rest of us...... BTW, Several AA Employees told us, on this last trip, they heard rumors of TLV returning....
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: AA CK, UA GS, DL 360, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Restart: ORD-HEL

Or even better, start MIA-HEL...or even PHL-HEL would do. Just something to HEL, please!
Interesting, I thought I was traveling to hell every time I booked a flight into ORD.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.